Deep Sky Astrophotography

First imaging session in like over 4 months (with the bushfires and now rain/storm in Australia the last few months clear nights are hard to come by); had a brief few hours of clear skies the last couple of nights.

Roughly 3 hours total imaging time short in suburban Bortle 5 sky:

Orion and Running Man Nebula by Tony, on Flickr

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Amazing! As always.

I have a little bit of data on Orion that I wanted to expand on several occasions, but the clouds kept me from trying. Hopefully that changes at some point and I'll get even remotely close to your results. How much time roughly goes into editing with your work flow, if you don't mind me asking?

Upvote 0
Amazing! As always.

I have a little bit of data on Orion that I wanted to expand on several occasions, but the clouds kept me from trying. Hopefully that changes at some point and I'll get even remotely close to your results. How much time roughly goes into editing with your work flow, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks mate! Yea weather can be a pain.

Umm hard for me to say but data integration would've taken me over 1 hour easily especially since I did a stack for the main body and the bright core. Then I load them up in Lightroom to touch up before bringing into Photoshop to blend in the core and try to correct the colour difference between the 2 stacks and do star size reduction before finishing it off again Lightroom. So easily quite a few hours as there is a bit of trial and error element involved too. I am more amateurish at this so I might not be the best person to ask haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
First imaging session in like over 4 months (with the bushfires and now rain/storm in Australia the last few months clear nights are hard to come by); had a brief few hours of clear skies the last couple of nights.

by Tony, on Flickr

Well done!

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Stunning picture. Well done, Tony.
d055.gif

Upvote 0