Deep Sky Astrophotography (Gear Discussion)

JMZawodny

1Dx2, 7D2 and lots of wonderful glass!
Sep 19, 2014
Virginia
Joe.Zawodny.com
telemaq76 said:
JMZawodny said:
telemaq76 said:
hello guys i need your help . I m using a canon 500 f4 IS I and i m looking for filter to shoot under light pollution. I readed we can find some filters to fit in the drop filter of big white, like the IDAS LPS-V4 . it s hard to find information about it. Can you confirm ant tell me what size to buy, 52mm i guess. Any idea where i can buy this? a picture of the filter in the drop filter would be great. I barely undertand how to install it, according to the pictures of the filter i see on the web

I use the 52mm IDAS LPS-P2 with very good results.

ok thanks but how to you install it? is it not a spin-on filter?

Yes it is. The filter unscrews from the frame (at least it does on the ones I have). Did you buy the lens are are you renting/borrowing it? I believe both my 400mm and 300mm lenses came with a spare (it was long enough ago that I could be mistaken). I also have one that can be rotated from the outside for use with a CP.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

JMZawodny

1Dx2, 7D2 and lots of wonderful glass!
Sep 19, 2014
Virginia
Joe.Zawodny.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 9.03.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 9.03.24 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 279
Upvote 0
telemaq76 said:
JMZawodny said:

i bought the lens. you mean i have to buy a second filter holder ? I can t use the one i have in the lens?
by any chance do you have a picture of the filter holder with the astro filter on it?

I bought an extra drop in filter holder used (didn't care about the quality or the glass)..not the screw on. The problem is most filters are.too thick to fit back into the camera. I bought the one with the flip up gel holder. There is a retainer ring that holds the glass filter in. I just swapped it with my deep.sky filter. Works like a champ.

Upvote 0