Deep Sky Astrophotography

Stunning picture. Well done, Tony.
d055.gif
Thanks Click!

Upvote 0
Was locked down here in Brisbane, Australia over the weekend so got around to doing some driveway astro which I've not done in ages. Shot with a modified Canon 77D with 100mm L Macro tracked with an AZ-GTi. Pretty happy with what I got with just 3 hours of data under Bortle 5/6 sky:

Antares/Rho Ophiuchi and Blue Horsehead by Tony, on Flickr

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Been real lazy and inactive and not posted in ages...taken last night under Bortle 5 sky and waxing crescent moon. First clear night in ages here is Brisbane, Australia; weather's been terrible some of you's may have seen the news we just suffered through the worst flood we've had in like a decade.

Horsehead and Flame Nebula by Tony, on Flickr

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0
Beautiful shot. I really like your picture, Tony. Well done.
Gorgeous shot, Tony. Can you post some of the details of what camera and lens/scope you used, exposure, etc.?
Thanks guys!

Gear: modified Canon 77D and Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary at 400mm and tracked and controlled with a Skywatcher AZ-GTi + ZWO ASIAIR + 30F4 guidescope + ASI120MM Mini combo.

Image details: 84x 2 minute subs at f/6.3 and ISO 400 + 20x darks, flats and dark flats.

Picture came out nice but really could use more data especially shot under light pollution.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0