Delete on both cards not possible? R5

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
It can be a very useful feature.
I have my second card set for display, so if you're hassled by someone over a photo you've taken, you can delete the photo in front of them - but still have the photo on your other card.
there is also risk of accidental deletion of an image from both cards with "one delete".. i have deleted images accidentally on number of occasions previously and thought that this feature might be risky potentially.

Upvote 0

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
I thought all Canon dual card slot cameras worked like that, certainly all the 1 series only delete from the playback card not the second card.

My 5d 4 certainly is the same, deletes on the playback card only, but I thought my 1d x2 bodies delete everywhere. Now I am doubting myself and will test today.

Upvote 0

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
there is also risk of accidental deletion of an image from both cards with "one delete".. i have deleted images accidentally on number of occasions previously and thought that this feature might be risky potentially.

I do not chimp very much, but when I if a bunch that are really out of focus or the flash did not fire ect, I delete those to save download and browsing time. I learned long ago not to over edit with the delete button and the camera playback screen. :oops:

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Just curious, how often do people delete specific images in-camera?
I seldom delete individual stills, but I delete videos when I sometimes make several attempts to get what I want. Usually, they are short but since I use FTP to transfer files to my PC, I don't want large amounts of data taking a long time to transfer.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0