"Doctor, my eyes...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
So, I took the M with the 22 to visit my son. It is small and can almost fit in a pocket. I've had relatively good luck with the focus (except when trying to get a "lock" on a moving sign on a taxicab roof that was way backlit but that's why we all still have DSLR'Ss).

The biggest issue for me is using the LCD to frame and focus. I am at an age where close up vision is difficult without glasses. This is most difficult in bright sunlight. with my DSLR viewfinder it is not an issue. I know I can get an optical viewfinder and put it in the hot-shoe and have looked at that thread. But, I know I am not alone in this. What are you all doing?

BL said:
If LCD brightness is an issue, you can map the trash button to max LCD brightness under the custom functions.

I like using this option for when i pass from indoor to outdoor, and is how I typically map that button 80% of the time.

Great tip BL. That also helps against accidental image erasures. It helps lock into the habit of using "erase images" in the menu to edit the photos.

Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Thanks for the tip on changing the trash button to brighten the LCD. This helps a bit. And, as Neuro pointed out, it only affects the LCD while shooting and still works as a delete button during playback.

Now, if I can figure out how to balance my "readers" on my nose while shooting.....

Are there "dioptor" overlays out there?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.