DPP update 4.12.60 for R5 is available

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
What are you experiencing for processing time (batch) mode for these photos with DPP? I started with a set last night (40 shots) and after making adjustments and sending them to batch processing, it took over an hour to complete the set on a Windows i7 (10th Gen) with 16GB Ram

About 40 seconds per photo on a 2015 imac with an i7 cpu.

Edit: that's for RP and M6II RAWs, not R5/R6 RAWS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 4, 2011
Wow - everyone is right. I downloaded some samples off DPReview and ran them through the batch to test. I have an older system and these files bog it down in a way that older RAWs did not. Seems to be about a minute and a half per photo(!) on average - put in perspective, even 5DSR files process in about half that time!!

Anyway, interesting that even people with faster systems are experiencing longer processing times. Is something up?

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
On a 2015 iMac, i7, 32GB RAM, DPP is essentially unusable. Can't cull...after the initial dozen or so images, it really begins to bog down and lag between images can get upwards of 15-20 seconds. When trying to make minor adjustments (brightness, white balance, contrast, etc), it takes 3-5 seconds after each slider adjustment.

Even on M6 MkII and older 5D MkIV files, it behaves this way. Files are on internal SSD - if I keep them on my Thunderbolt drive forget it. Lightroom, ON1, Capture One Pro, DXO...none of them perform this bad. For the R5, until my main apps are updated, I downloaded a 90 trial of Photo Mechanic to download from the card and cull. Then running DNG converter to handle only a few keepers in C1 or Lightroom. A bit cumbersome but still faster than DPP lol.

Upvote 0