Great shots. Well done., kodakrome.
a025.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Feeling a second class citizen because I haven't an R5, went to a lake with the old DSLR to see if I can still do BIF. My cameras all have a flaw that makes BIF difficult - no flying birds. Instead, got a DIF of an Emperor coming straight at me. It was 10m away.

View attachment 191661
You may feel like you have second class equipment but why do you have to fell like second class citizen/photographer?! I look at photos taken many years ago and can't stop admiring the skills and the knowledge of the guys that made it with their "crappy equipment"! It is one thing what the nowadays engineers can offer and very different thing what you and your skills can offer. Better instruments can make the final results better/or just easier, crappy masters can ruin the work of any instrument!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
You may feel like you have second class equipment but why do you have to fell like second class citizen/photographer?! I look at photos taken many years ago and can't stop admiring the skills and the knowledge of the guys that made it with their "crappy equipment"! It is one thing what the nowadays engineers can offer and very different thing what you and your skills can offer. Better instruments can make the final results better/or just easier, crappy masters can ruin the work of any instrument!
It's another of my little ironic, self-deprecatory, jokes that members of CR who use the spelling Rumour will realise immediately but not all of those who spell it Rumor. I don't use a ;) to denote a joke unless doing otherwise might offend someone who got the wrong end of the stick.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Something a bit different, video instead of photos :) A few weeks ago I rented an R5, which the rental agency lost a few days before the date and suggested a complementary upgrade to the 1DX3. Armed with the 1DX3 and 180L I took a lot of pictures that morning, but also recorded short video clips using the 4K and 4K crop mode.

And one from earlier with the RP in my back yard. It was very windy and I tried to stabilize it in post. Pay attention to the background, it's a fence which doesn't move, but after stabilizing on the dragonfly it suddenly becomes mobile :) Even with the terrible rolling shutter it shows how much of the face is used for chewing.

My 4yo likes these short clips a lot more than regular pictures, which makes getting eaten by mosquitos in a peat bog at dawn even more worth it :)

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0