EOS-1V help

My friend recently acquired the EOS-1V. Both my friend and I grew up with digital cameras. So we have little experience with film cameras. Her mom is a wedding photographer with experience with other EOS AF SLRs. But she doesn't know very much about this camera. If anyone has any information about this camera please join the conversation.
1200px-Canon_EOS-1V.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
First of all congrats to your and your friends acquirement.
Hold it in honor ;)

How about looking at the support pages and reading through the manual first?

Secondly, I would look at secondary literature, maybe like this - if you can get it (not my recommendation, just a quick search)

And then you can ask experts about which film to use nowadays.
I'm out of Kodachrome vs. Fuji vs. Ilford b/w since about 25 years, when I developed my last Ilford film myself ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
First of all congrats to your and your friends acquirement.
Hold it in honor ;)

How about looking at the support pages and reading through the manual first?

Secondly, I would look at secondary literature, maybe like this - if you can get it (not my recommendation, just a quick search)

And then you can ask experts about which film to use nowadays.
I'm out of Kodachrome vs. Fuji vs. Ilford b/w since about 25 years, when I developed my last Ilford film myself ;)
My friend's mom already has the film. But are there other special or unique features for this camera. Compared to other EOS film bodies. 1 series cameras are usually full of hidden features.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Upvote 0
Upvote 0