Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<strong>Firmware version 1.2.3 incorporates the following fixes.</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>Fixes a phenomenon in which the settings of the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 revert to the default settings when both the camera and the ST-E2 are set to auto power off.</li>
<li>Fixes a phenomenon in which the Macro Ring Lite (MR-14EX, MT24-EX) and slave flashes do not sync while shooting wirelessly.</li>
</ul>
<p><a href="http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/firm-e/eos7d/firmware.html"><strong>Download the firmware</strong></a></p>
<p><em>thanks Olivier</em></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong>

G

Grummbeerbauer

Being not a videographer but a photographer (it's not a camcorder, after all... :p), I am more interested in photography-oriented features, in particular the adjustable Auto ISO that the 550D has.
It was quite a surprise when that feature jumped from the 1D series directly to the Rebels, skipping the "enthusiast" models (5DII, 7D) in between. But its an outright audacity from Canon's side NOT to find some time to add this highly useful feature also to the 5DII/7D with a firmware update. ISO3200 (the 7D's default and "hard-wired" upper boundary for its auto ISO functionality) is just too noisy for my taste on the 7D.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Grummbeerbauer said:
...the adjustable Auto ISO that the 550D has.
It was quite a surprise when that feature jumped from the 1D series directly to the Rebels, skipping the "enthusiast" models (5DII, 7D) in between.

Not really - it's just a feature that every body released after a certain point in time has, and older bodies don't. Heck, even my PowerShot S95 (also a model newer than the 1DIV) has it, along with a setting to adjust the rate of Auto ISO progression.

Still, it's a feature that I'd love to have on my 5DII and especially on my 7D!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.