Firmware: Canon Cinema EOS C70 v1.0.1.1

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
As promised, Canon has released a firmware update for the Cinema EOS C70. This is a major firmware release.
Firmware Version 1.0.1.1 incorporates the following fix and enhancements:

Adds ITU-R.BT.709 standard compliant Gamma[BT.709 Standard / BT.709] the to the Custom Picture.
Adds [Whole Area] to the AF Frame option so the camera focuses automatically on a subject at the center of the screen.
Object or Face Tracking can now be initiated by touching the LCD monitor during ‘Whole Area’ AF.
Adds [2x] option to the Magnification.
Adds [Mask 100%] to the [Aspect Marker] and [Safe Area Marker].
Adds “B&W during Magn.” as an option to the Assistance Function menu.
Adds View Assist function to video output from the HDMI OUT terminal.
Adds EF lenses compatible with EF-EOS R 0.71x Mount Adapter.*1

EF16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM...

Continue reading...

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
I wish Canon would add eye tracking to the Cinema line.
Send an email to Canon customer support and/or write your suggestion in the support page. I sent in about 5 request for the "Save settings" function for the R5 they included it with the major update. They do answer in a timely manner. If another Canon camera has that same function, list and mention it in your request. Eye tracking isn't a difficult routine to code(copy and past). Not many Cine operators use or take time to request it.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
OK. I must have misread somewhere, then. Thanks.
No, you read correctly!

The last rumor said :
Firmware for the Canon R5 and C70 are expected to be available for download on June 30, 2021, and firmware for the EOS C300 Mark III and EOS C500 Mark II cameras are expected to be available on July 30, 2021.

Upvote 0
If this update is "This is a major firmware release.", why would Canon use 1.0.1.1 as the name? Surely at least 1.1 would normally be called a major release?
If the earlier firmware was like 1.0.0.x, 1.0.1.1 is the right naming. The 3. Digit is nomally adding small functionality, the 4. Digit is bug fixes. The second would be major functionality changes, but this is here obviously not the case. Major functionality would be like adding video functionality a stills only camera.
I think we will never see a 2. Digit firmware upgrade ;) so 3. Digit firmware upgrade is the best we can get from Canon.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
where is the r5 update?
It looks like no one informed the marketing team that this firmware update was delayed. So they released the promo video and not the firmware update, and based on the comments to you in that thread, they don't seem to know that the firmware is not available on their own website.
Kind of embarrassing for them...

Upvote 0