Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Firmware Version 1.1.4 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:</p>
<ol>
<li>Fixes a phenomenon in which focus may not be adjusted with specific lenses when shooting remotely with EOS Utility software.</li>
<li>Fixes a phenomenon in which “LCD brightness” may not be adjusted after pressing the SET button if “Menu Display” is assigned to the SET button in the Custom Functions setting (C.Fn-7).</li>
<li>Enhances the reliability of the built-in flash exposure.</li>
</ol>
<p><a href="http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t5i_18_55mm_is_stm_lens_kit#DriversAndSoftware" target="_blank">Download Firmware 1.1.4 at Canon USA</a></p>

kphoto99 said:
Since the T5i and T4i are almost identical, I wonder if the T4i has the same problems and if it will get a firmware update?
The latest firmware for T4i is version 1.0.4 of June 14, 2013.
I do not believe that they are started more updates to a model out of production.

Even if the hardware is exactly the same, the existing software in T4i should NOT recognize the update designed to T5i.

Upvote 0
but... what about lens recognition for correction of peripheral illumination, vignetting ? I use a 10-18 IS STM and 55-250 IS STM and the T5i firmware does not auto-recognize these lenses for the in-cam vignetting correction by its original firmware , probably because those lenses arrived on the market AFTER the camera.

I would sure hope that Canon did also include in the firmware upgrade this feature ?

And : will Magic Lantern still work ? Do I need to uninstall ML , then install the Canon firmware update, then re-install ML, and will ML work with the new firmware , or should I better not update the Canon firmware and instead continue to use my T5i with the old firware and ML to be sure that ML still works ?

Upvote 0
Twisterfiddler said:
will Magic Lantern still work ? Do I need to uninstall ML , then install the Canon firmware update, then re-install ML, and will ML work with the new firmware , or should I better not update the Canon firmware and instead continue to use my T5i with the old firware and ML to be sure that ML still works ?
No one can guarantee that Magic Lantern will continue working with the new firmware. To find out, some brave should try to upgrade the camera firmware (without ML) and then test with ML.

Upvote 0