Firmware: Canon releases v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R5

Feb 15, 2020
One camera (mainly video shooting) has just the CF express and that froze on two separate days, once in photo mode and the other day in video mode. The others have two cards (mainly photo shooting), both froze in photo mode.
I see, thanks for providing further details. If you get a chance it would be great to know if the cameras are still freezing with just 1 SD card in the slot and no CF express card…

Really sucks that all 3 cameras are having the issue at once.. damn

Refraction

EOS M50
CR Pro
Sep 5, 2020
I see, thanks for providing further details. If you get a chance it would be great to know if the cameras are still freezing with just 1 SD card in the slot and no CF express card…

Really sucks that all 3 cameras are having the issue at once.. damn
I won't be shooting with just an SD card and it really needs to be used for a day continually for this error to appear. Someone else may have the experience where they dont use a CF Express card for a wedding or a day long shoot.

Feb 15, 2020
I won't be shooting with just an SD card and it really needs to be used for a day continually for this error to appear. Someone else may have the experience where they dont use a CF Express card for a wedding or a day long shoot.

Fair enough. It was just a trouble shooting suggestion which may provide a point of data on the issue. If you don’t have the time to test it that way, that’s understandable. Good luck