Firmware: Canon releases v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R5

Apr 25, 2011
Hi!

Since updating to firmware 1.4.0 my R5 camera (with original batterygrip) can´t recognize my original canon batteries LP-E6NH. If i try them without the grip they seems to work fine. Anyone else having this issue?
No such problems with R5, firmware 1.4.0, battery grip (with original firmware 1.0.0), and two LP-E6NH batteries here.

What does the camera say about the batteries exactly?
What does Canon support say about that?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The camera says (translated from swedish) "Battery communication fault" "Is this battery/batteries original with the canon logotype?"
Updated the firmware with batterygrip mounted which could be a bad decision from my side...
Canon support (CPS) only advice is to send the camera for service.

Is it possible to reinstall 1.4.0 firmware (with the batterygrip unmounted)? Is it possible to downgrade firmware?

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
The camera says (translated from swedish) "Battery communication fault" "Is this battery/batteries original with the canon logotype?"
Updated the firmware with batterygrip mounted which could be a bad decision from my side...
I have updated the firmware to 1.4.0 without unmounting the battery grip. Have no such problem.

It looks like your battery grip itself is faulty. Can you go to a camera shop and try it with another battery grip?

Or maybe it's worth trying to clean the grip's electrical contacts (both camera-side and battery-side).

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0