Firmware: Canon releases v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R5

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
As promised Canon has released a major new firmware update for videographers that use the Canon EOS R5. This update adds external 8K ATOMOS Ninja V+ support via the HDMI port.
Firmware v1.4.0 also adds simultaneous movie recording to both memory card slots and the VPG 400 profile.
Firmware Version 1.4.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

Adds support for outputting 8K/30p/10-bit video signals for ProRes RAW recording to ATOMOS’s Ninja V+ recorder* via HDMI.
* If you have any questions about ATOMOS products, please contact ATOMOS directly.
* Please note that the recorder may become hot.
Adds support for movie recording when the camera is connected to the CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S or CN-E70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S EF cinema lenses.
* Still photography shooting is possible however performance is not guaranteed.
* Movie shooting in vertical position is possible however performance is...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Although I am rather happy with my R5 I can think of some issues regarding stills photography:

They have to fix the loss of manual focus setting when shooting timelapses. (there has been an issue reported by a member doing astrophotography). That's a bug!

They could give us the setting where we chose between release and focus priority in servo mode. R5 is maybe the only camera that does not have it!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0