Free trial of the new DXO Nik Collection 3

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
DXO is offering a fully unlocked 30-day trial of the brand new Nik Collection 3.
Silver EFEX Pro has always been my favourite black and white editor and there are so many other great tools in this software bundle. I have used it for a few days and I’ll definitely be adding it back to my workflow from now on.
Get the Nik Collection 3 free trial
You can also save 30% off Nik Collection 3 for a limited time, if you’re ready to buy, you can do so here.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2013
I'm going to post a new thread, but my experience with DxO regarding the Nik Collection has been awful. I have been using Nik since 2009--before it was purchased by Google--and when I finally upgraded my PC and OS and Photoshop, I had to buy the Collection. $150 was the price, which was what I paid for Viveza 2 back in the day, so that's OK.

Five weeks later, Collection 3 is out. The upgrade price is $50, and the fresh-install price is $100. I purchased Collection 2 just a couple weeks before their cut-off date for free upgrade, and they are completely unwilling to make an exception--even though the price of Collection 3 is $50 less than what I paid for Collection 2.

My bottom line is that the Nik Collection is really good--though DxO has cocked-up the interface a bit--and definitely worth $100. Silver Efex itself is worth the money--it's the best B/W converter out there (the film grain choices are fantastic) and is amazingly flexible--so buy now. But don't trust DxO to be even remotely accommodating to you as a customer.

Upvote 0