Happy Holidays Photos!

Happy Holidays :)

(a shoot mainly for stock/port therefore the white back but thought some might like it...
still editing some but have a few more here: http://atlanticpicture.com/p212321456)

p1334932514-3.jpg
p1339936754-3.jpg

p1331618478-3.jpg
p1336298084-3.jpg

Upvote 0
extremeinstability said:
Not exactly portrait but since I wound up in the shot I guess it works. From last night. Winter boredom resulted in getting the idea to drag a car battery and an inverter, with some christmas lights and well....

2012_12_21-2d.jpg

Awesome photo!

I miss snow... :( here at the beach even pines are rare... ;)
p1346266658-4.jpg

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
picturesbyme said:
extremeinstability said:
Not exactly portrait but since I wound up in the shot I guess it works. From last night. Winter boredom resulted in getting the idea to drag a car battery and an inverter, with some christmas lights and well....

Awesome photo!
extremeinstability, fantastic picture! What duration did you shoot for?

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
picturesbyme said:
I miss snow... :( here at the beach even pines are rare... ;)
picturesbyme I think you need to count your blessings! Let us see:
[list type=decimal]
[*]You are on the beach and not shoveling snow off a driveway
[*]You have a fabulous tree
[/list]

Why are you cribbing? ;)

Oh your tree decoration really sucks ;)

Happy Holidays!

Upvote 0
rpt said:
picturesbyme said:
extremeinstability said:

Awesome photo!

Thanks. Well I'll be making an account of images today hopefully and try and explain in there. Basically for the stars it was 20 second shots, F2.8 at 640 ISO with the Samyang 14 on a 5D II. The camera never moves for the Christmas lights shot or the lantern shot. The Christmas lights at that setting needed turned on for like 1 second tops then turned back off. Easy enough to get the images for the star trail stack and then do one with the Christmas lights turned on then back off real fast. Then without moving the camera still I'd do a bunch of lantern poses so I can just use which ever one of those later I want. Those were with different settings. I could leave the ISO at 640 and do those at like 2-4 seconds. The only tricky part then is just stacking in the lantern frames as they are a lot darker and using "lighten" blend mode like the stars and christmas lights, well doesn't work. So just used normal mode and had to mask it right. Then adjust a curve on that and the other one so it balances better.

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
extremeinstability said:
rpt said:
picturesbyme said:
extremeinstability said:

Awesome photo!

Thanks. Well I'll be making an account of images today hopefully and try and explain in there. Basically for the stars it was 20 second shots, F2.8 at 640 ISO with the Samyang 14 on a 5D II. The camera never moves for the Christmas lights shot or the lantern shot. The Christmas lights at that setting needed turned on for like 1 second tops then turned back off. Easy enough to get the images for the star trail stack and then do one with the Christmas lights turned on then back off real fast. Then without moving the camera still I'd do a bunch of lantern poses so I can just use which ever one of those later I want. Those were with different settings. I could leave the ISO at 640 and do those at like 2-4 seconds. The only tricky part then is just stacking in the lantern frames as they are a lot darker and using "lighten" blend mode like the stars and christmas lights, well doesn't work. So just used normal mode and had to mask it right. Then adjust a curve on that and the other one so it balances better.
Thanks. I had figured 2 shots but now that you explain it, it makes sense.

Upvote 0
pdirestajr said:
extremeinstability said:

2012_12_21-2d.jpg

really awesome.

+1000...a lot of thought and effort and talent went into that photo, but absolutely worth it :)

Upvote 0