Has anyone else been shut down?

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
First, I thought I ran things in my castle. I thought wrong. The Queen informed me today that my lens buying days are over. I thought it rather rude as she did this while looking over my shoulder as I read the rumor thread about the 85L that is soon to be announced.

I've had a good run and got further along in the buying marathon than I ever thought I would. I am, however, already getting the shakes and sweats as the 85L announcement date draws ever closer.

I'd never buy a lens without the reviews and some time passing to see if it is all it is cracked up to be anyway, so will a cooling off period soften her iron fisted ruling?

Has anyone else been shut down? ;) Whatever did you do? The tone was most disturbing.

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011
AlanF said:
neuroanatomist said:
Well, I've heard that it's better to ask forgiveness than permission. I've also heard that divorce lawyers are expensive… ;)

I've also heard it said that it was the best money they ever spent.

Why are divorces so expensive?

Because they're worth it. ;D

Like so many other things in life, you get what you pay for... 8)

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
jd7 said:
Don Haines said:
Fortunately for me (perhaps unfortunately) my S.O. is also a photographer and if I blow money on gear, she will borrow it.... That leaves me in the interesting situation where I have spent the money but do not have the goods.....

Does S.O. stand for significant other or superior officer? :)

Why can't it be both :)

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
hbr said:
CanonFanBoy,

I feel your pain! Ouch! Maybe buying her some nice jewelry or something she would cherish would change her mind.

Brian

BTW, the man never rules his castle. He only thinks he does.

She's a low maintenance girl who'd be mad about that too.

When I tried to explain that I'm the head of the household she said, "That may be true, but I'm the neck that turns your head. No more lenses!"

Upvote 0