Hello...Anyone else from the UK?

Also, regarding Jersey: I saw (or knowingly ID'd, as I'm learning) my first Firecrests, Kingfishers, Rock Pipits, Cattle Egrets, Marsh Harriers and Peregrine Falcons there last year! Loads of massive toads, sunning lizards on some ruins, lots of Kestrels, Hedgehogs, Red Squirrels... COWS! loads of pics and videos of Insects I'm yet to sort through and ID...

Upvote 0
Khufu said:
No waaay, you don't post in the Jersey Wildlife and Insects of the Channel Islands groups on Facebook, do you, krisbell? I was in Jersey for almost 6 months from last summer, training at Durrell (Jersey Zoo) and doing a few courses at the Durrell Academy!

I'm back home now, for the time being, in Wallasey, on the Wirral Peninsula, Sunny Merseyside! Someone above mentioned Wakefield; half my family's over there (Normanton and Wakefield) and I frequent the Cairngorms in Scottish Highlands too, my Mum & her husband have wee hotel up on the Speyside whiskey trail, not too far from the Highland Wildlife Park and the RSPB's Osprey Centre :D
Khufu said:
Also, regarding Jersey: I saw (or knowingly ID'd, as I'm learning) my first Firecrests, Kingfishers, Rock Pipits, Cattle Egrets, Marsh Harriers and Peregrine Falcons there last year! Loads of massive toads, sunning lizards on some ruins, lots of Kestrels, Hedgehogs, Red Squirrels... COWS! loads of pics and videos of Insects I'm yet to sort through and ID...

Yes I very occasionally post in the Jersey Wildlife and Insects Facebook group - but I do mean very rarely. You did well to see firecrests and kingfishers as they arent all that common in Jersey. Toads, lizards, cows, kestrels, hedgehogs and squirrels are everywhere. Let me know when you are next visiting and we'll go out and bother some critters.

Upvote 0