Here’s the Canon EOS RP and EG-E1 extension grip

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
A couple more images of the upcoming Canon EOS RP have leaked ahead of the official announcement.
These images show the Canon EOS RP and the Canon EG-E1 grip accessory. The grip accessory will come in red and blue and be available in select countries, as well as coming in Canon black.
Updated specifications and images of the Canon EOS RP can be seen here.

ege1-168x168.jpg

rpege1-168x168.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
there's the sd card symbol on the bottom but there are no electrical contacts anywhere...

Yeah I dont get it. Either they are telling you how the grip is being positioned or there's a secret inside this extension grip.

Maybe those holes are where the electronics connect. And this extension grip is a external battery, extra SD card slot and a tiny magical unicorn all in one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Yeah I dont get it. Either they are telling you how the grip is being positioned or there's a secret inside this extension grip.

Maybe those holes are where the electronics connect. And this extension grip is a external battery, extra SD card slot and a tiny magical unicorn all in one.

To me and I hope I am wrong...I think this is just a grip with no added electrical features....no dual batteries nada...it's just a grip extension for people with big hands

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
You are probably right.

It looks like there's a lever at the back to open the card and battery slot. So I'm assuming that one has to remove the RP1's battery cover and this grip replaces it. Pull the lever on the back and it opens the grip panel and lets the battery / card drop through the grip. It's a neat design although it offers a very basic function.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
OK seriously though. I've thought for a long while it would be nice to have something that bolts to the bottom of a camera like an L-bracket does, except made of some rubber-like material. I don't ALWAYS have a bag to drop the camera into and very often find myself lowering the camera gingerly to a table top. Cameras used to have leather cases, this would provide that little bit of 'give' beneath without covering up controls….

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0