Here are more images of the Canon EOS R5

Feb 6, 2019
It would be perfect if Canon produce a grip that's about half the size of normal grip, and use fixed li-ion battery pack. EOS R's grip is pretty much the same size as the camera which is not good!

canon-eos-r--mount-adapter-and-battery-grip-52983127.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2019
Looks good except that there is no "lock" button for the scroll wheel. That is a feature I use often to make sure I don't bump settings when I am working - it has saved me many times. There might be an electronic option - but I'm guessing I would forget to set that as often.
The lock button is on the top as it is on grandmother EOS R.

Upvote 0
I feel like I am the only one who is a bit disappointed about the button layout on the R5. I would like to have some dedicated dual function buttons on the top of the camera, such as the ones that the 5D series has.

I use both the R and the 5DIV, and I appreciate the dual function buttons on the 5DIV, and miss them on the R.

Further I was hoping for the sensor on the AF-ON button that was seen on the 1DXIII.
This layout looks pretty disappointing, I wish it would have the 5 d layout but with a Sony style tilt screen.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Seriously, it looks perfect. I hope that the "mode" Dial isnt to small to move. On the Sonys I find the upper dials a bit to small for a comfortable usage.
A dedicated Mode dial on the left shoulder would be a better option in my opinion. Instead of this silly waste of a space they implemented with the on/off dial. I think the perfect place for the on/off dial is around the shutter. And a third push to activate the light.

But overall it looks super close to perfect :)

If the rumoured specs are true and there is no major fuckup like missing DPAF in 4k or crazy rolling shutter like on the 5D, than this is in my opinion the PERFECT camera. I dont see ANYTHING missing or wrong. Its incredible versatile and covers ANY kind of photography - from event, to landscape, to products and even high end sports. I think pretty much any price would be okay, even up to 6k like the 1D. Overall it looks even more powerfull than the 1D in my opinion (which became more and more a SUPER specialized tool). With the insane speed, the 5D could even replace the 1D for most sports photographers (unless you truely need the LAN port. Though this could be replaced with USB-C to LAN adapters - at least theoreticaly).
With the giant EF Lense selection and the Adapter with internal ND Filter its a VERY promising camera, even for video :)
A perfect camera for me would need an electronic (global) shutter so you could do flash sync at any speed. That would be a huge deal for photographers that mix ambient and flash outdoors.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
It would be perfect if Canon produce a grip that's about half the size of normal grip, and use fixed li-ion battery pack. EOS R's grip is pretty much the same size as the camera which is not good!

You really only read complaints like this about the R battery grip from people who have never used it. It's perfect.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Looking at this...are they going to be able to get an arca Swiss L-bracket for this thing?

side for all the connectors....wondering how they'll manage a bracket over that while still allowing access...looks more dense what connections that say, the 5D3....

C
I'm sure Kirk and RRS are working on 3D printed mockups as we speak, I wonder if Canon releases prototype shells for accessory mfg's. to tool with so release dates can be met with all the usual goodies

Upvote 0
It appears that it's missing the new optical sensor on the AF-ON button, so the R5 is perhaps not the premium mirrorless it's rumoured to be?
Ohhh look!! New pics of my new Camera!! Damn....Cmon Canon bring it up earlier!! :D

BTW: Are there news about the 1dx mkIII? Need the camera in April and I am worried about this corona virus thing....

I’ve been shooting with the 1DX3 for nearly a month now.

Upvote 0
  • Joystick - check
  • Sensible, historically standardized layout of buttons - check
  • Flip screen - check
  • Nicely sized grip - check
  • Dual scroll wheels - check
  • Lock button - check
  • Settings screen - check
I'm sold. Take my money.

no mechanical mode dial is the only thing wrong so far. also hope that top lcd screen is not laggy like the r.

Upvote 0
Looks good except that there is no "lock" button for the scroll wheel. That is a feature I use often to make sure I don't bump settings when I am working - it has saved me many times. There might be an electronic option - but I'm guessing I would forget to set that as often.
It’s there, to the right of the Mode wheel

Upvote 0