Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

chrisrmueller

CR Pro
Oct 23, 2018
As someone who shoots 90% stills for newspapers and magazines and needs a second camera as backup, I wonder if this could work out alongside the regular R5 instead of just having two of them...? Of course, the pricing will tell the truth eventually.
That’s exactly what I plan to do. Use the R5 for photo and the R5c for video, and the other body as a second cam/backup as needed.

Upvote 0
well this guy released a video with all the details ahead of launch. including the price ($400 more than R5), and no IBIS :(
Taking out the ibis is understandable as they want you to own both but that is what I was hoping it would keep. Now for those that have an r5 you might as well get a atomos.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Taking out the ibis is understandable as they want you to own both but that is what I was hoping it would keep. Now for those that have an r5 you might as well get a atomos.
probably (im hoping) they have digital stabilization as a cinema line feature -- like the c70 -- and all they did was get rid of "sensor shift" stabilization like the R5's

Upvote 0
probably (im hoping) they have digital stabilization as a cinema line feature -- like the c70 -- and all they did was get rid of "sensor shift" stabilization like the R5's
The cripple hammer is a live and well. If they have the digital stabe that will be better than nothing, especially since the rolling shutter on this thing is pretty great but I’m not gonna lie I was hopping it would keep the sensor shift.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

chrisrmueller

CR Pro
Oct 23, 2018

did you guys see this video??? the guy talks about it as if it's based on fact rather than rumor. it's so detailed and way beyond what we're reading... did he break NDA or something?
It dropped right at 12 EST, so it was probably a mistake with scheduling the release. The CanonUSA YouTube page also released some videos, probably on accident as well.

Upvote 0

I wasn't going to upgrade my R5. Originally the R5c was off my radar because i've been very happy with the R5 but after seeing his video, I really want the R5c. No IBIS is okay for video because seriously, if you're shooting professional work, you're not depending on IBIS. you're using a gimbal at bare minimum or if you can afford better stuff like steadicam.

IBIS makes sense for photography more and that's why I'm keeping my R5 and making it my B cam. probably the most overkill for a B cam. But at least now, I can do both video and photos at the same time for any given even. Before, I was constantly switching between and missing out (the perfect moments not being captured by both video and photo but rather one or the other).

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

chrisrmueller

CR Pro
Oct 23, 2018
he mentioned in his video that flipping the dial between photo and video totally changes from photo menus to video menus. is this how the higher canon cameras do it? the r5 is the highest camera I've ever handled.
The cinema line has a totally different menu system. I am assuming what he means is that it goes from the standard EOS photo style menu to the Cinema EOS menu when you flip that dial. Kind of makes sense if it indeed has false color/waveforms etc. If you watch this video at 3:40 you can sort of see what it looks like and that it’s different than the normal EOS photo display :

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
The R5C can do 8k60, which would be very nice to have for my ongoing effort of failing to film dragonflies. I was planning on renting a Atomos V+ next spring for that, I hope the rental place will have an R5C available as well.

Upvote 0
The cinema line has a totally different menu system. I am assuming what he means is that it goes from the standard EOS photo style menu to the Cinema EOS menu when you flip that dial. Kind of makes sense if it indeed has false color/waveforms etc. If you watch this video at 3:40 you can sort of see what it looks like and that it’s different than the normal EOS photo display :
yup, thats exactly the display on the c70

Upvote 0
I think not having an ibis is a big miss, considering its a 45mpx camera. Just cause of the micro jitters that are a problem of all the high mpx bodies. That is a bigger cripple Hamer for me than the need of the power brick for 8k60. I would gladly payed 5k to have it. To bad this played out not so great as I was hoping. I was hoping they would go NDs or I IS not expecting going without any of those two.

Upvote 0
I think not having an ibis is a big miss, considering its a 45mpx camera. Just cause of the micro jitters that are a problem of all the high mpx bodies. That is a bigger cripple Hamer for me than the need of the power brick for 8k60. I would gladly payed 5k to have it. To bad this played out not so great as I was hoping. I was hoping they would go NDs or I IS not expecting going without any of those two.
It really is a miss not having the ibis. And I for one might be in the rare crowd but I would not use the 8k really ever. That oversampled 4K that comes out of the r5 is pretty incredible and also the data rates are manageable. I have a few lacie 6big raids ranging from
60-80 terabytes and those would get filled quick with all that 8k. I like my c300mkiii and I was looking at this camera for a companion to that but the no ibis is a no thanks

Upvote 0
It really is a miss not having the ibis. And I for one might be in the rare crowd but I would not use the 8k really ever. That oversampled 4K that comes out of the r5 is pretty incredible and also the data rates are manageable. I have a few lacie 6big raids ranging from
60-80 terabytes and those would get filled quick with all that 8k. I like my c300mkiii and I was looking at this camera for a companion to that but the no ibis is a no thanks
Yeah, IBIS is really needed in those situations where you are basically running and shooting video or photo and this camera is intended for that market. I guess I need to go for the R3 then with a R5 for Comercial shoots and video Bcam

Upvote 0