Here are some more images of the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
On the M6, the ‘left’ D-pad toggles MF (it’s labeled as such).

It is probably the same on the M50, but I hate using the D-pad during shooting since I have to change my grip to move my thumb. With the record button I only have to move my index finger.
But yes, I should have said "assign a different button" and checked the manual beforehand.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2016
This would be a perfect camera with the integrated side EVF.

I read some reviews and seen samples and i am disappointed of the image quality (and build) of the 55-200. Considering how good is the 55-250 STM, i expected at least as good. I would probably go for the 70-200 F4 IS

It wouldn't surprise me if the EF lenses are better, obviously the 70-200 f4 will be. However the Ef-m mount lens is really tiny and for me that was enough, the IS is good and I typically use it stopped down a little for compressed landscape/cityscape type shots. I don't think it would be a great choice where absolute image quality is needed or fast shutter speeds such as wildlife. For me the Ef-m system is strictly a travel or hiking set up though.

Upvote 0

espressino

sigh.
Feb 26, 2018
What's the story on the prominently placed Manual Focus switch? Is MF something that M users are likely to use? Do M lenses even have mechanical focus? Seems like an odd chioce.
edit... I wonder if that's designed to allow BBF. There seem to be a button in the middle of the switch.

Unlike EF(-S) lenses, M lenses don't have a dedicated AF/MF switch, so you change it via the camera. In the M100 you have to fiddle with the menu system, and the M6 II has a dedicated button, to mirror the tactile experience from the EF lenses. I think it actually says in the stats that it only works with EF-M lenses, with other lenses you still toggle the old switch. I'm pretty sure the button near the toggle switch is BBF.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
I mapped AF/MF to the record button on my M50, it's a great way to fine tune focus with 10x magnify and switch back to autofocus when the situation changes. For profile shots at f/1.4 I use MF and when my 3 year old turns her head towards me I switch back to eye-AF.
On my 7D I would have used BBF for situations like this, but the EF-M lenses don't have an MF switch, you have to set it via the menus or assign a button to it.

hmmm....interesting

Upvote 0