Here is a short list of unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Nokishita has posted known and unreleased Canon gear, for the moment the list is pretty short.
Unreleased Canon gear:

DS586191 (DS586192 / DS586193 / DS586194)
Wireless file transmitter

Wi-Fi (IEEE802.11a / b / g / n / ac) compatible

Interchangeable lenses:

3450C005AA (RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM)
3792C005AA (RF 85mm f/1.2L DS USM)

Some sites are stating that the DS586191 is the EOS-1D X Mark III, it is not. The EOS-1D X Mark III likely won’t have internal wifi capabilities, therefore wouldn’t need to get wifi certification. Secondly, Canon DSLR product codes begin with “DSC”, not “DS”.
We have some more information coming soon to address new gear and when we can expect to see the next major announcements from Canon.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Nokishita also says at the bottom of the page (Google translated):

Is Canon's new wireless file transmitter a successor to the EOS-1D X Mark II? Since models without wireless functions do not pass radio wave authentication, there is a high possibility that the flagship machine will not be registered at the certification body, but if it is announced with a new transmitter, it will appear at the end of the year or early next year That's right.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
are those more separate products or characteristics of a single one?

This just in: instead of the traditional anodized black, the 1D X Mark III will be available in three stylish colors: rose gold, midnight green, and ”L” red. Because why should your trusty tool of trade not double as a fashion accessory?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
This just in: instead of the traditional anodized black, the 1D X Mark III will be available in three stylish colors: rose gold, midnight green, and ”L” red. Because why should your trusty tool of trade not double as a fashion accessory?
Please tell me this is true, and that the same will be true for the 5D version of the. I'd love that midnight green.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
if it isn't pink, I am not buying, schweppes...

• Haha
Upvote 0

TAF

CR Pro
Feb 26, 2012
Please tell me this is true, and that the same will be true for the 5D version of the. I'd love that midnight green.

That would be nifty.

True story - Canon made a version of the F-1 (film camera) in olive drab for military users. I found on used at Olden camera in 1979. They wanted $650. I tried to negotiate a lower number, but they wouldn't budge. Ended up buying a Lake Placid F-1 and several lenses for that amount.

The OD one was still there in 1985 when I went in for some additional accessories.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
That would be nifty.

True story - Canon made a version of the F-1 (film camera) in olive drab for military users. I found on used at Olden camera in 1979. They wanted $650. I tried to negotiate a lower number, but they wouldn't budge. Ended up buying a Lake Placid F-1 and several lenses for that amount.

The OD one was still there in 1985 when I went in for some additional accessories.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
You mean like the $15,000 and $8,000 Leica's? The $8,000 one is dark olive green. I'd be open to another color. :)

Attachments

• lcm10pse.jpg
    lcm10pse.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 279
  • lcmsas.jpg
    lcmsas.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0

magarity

CR Pro
Feb 14, 2017
The rose gold version will sell like crazy in China!

On a more serious note, why exactly would a 1DXiii definitely not have Wifi?

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
The rose gold version will sell like crazy in China!

On a more serious note, why exactly would a 1DXiii definitely not have Wifi?

In the past the opinion was that the metal shell didn't have large enough openings for antennas to work. Recently I've seen articles suggesting that it lacks wifi to bypass certification agencies where most leaks occur.

Upvote 0