How do you pack your gear/store it?

I've been preparing my gear for my next work trip and it got me thinking, how do you pack your gear? I'll attach some pictures below but I basically have been switching back and forth between dividing it in small divider bags with each having a setup and just having it all in one XL ICU, one bag carries a 1DX and my 70-200 2.8 is ii, one holds my 1DX mark 2 with a 24-70 2.8 ii and my main bag holds a 5DS, with a 16-35 2.8 iii, a 24mm 1.4 ii prime and a 35mm 1.4 ii prime, having it split up into it's own setups makes it so much easier to pack in my Tilopa and balance it with food, water or a jacket in the bag as well.

And when i'm not using that I usually keep it in my XL fstop ICU.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 123
It really depends on my shooting needs. I have a plethora of camera bags.
If I'm doing landscape work, it's a large Lowepro back pack that can take a lot of kit. So a 8-15 fishy, TSe 17L, 16-35IIL, 24-70L, 70-200 f2.8 LIS II, 100LIS macro, plus filters, water, cleaning gear and extenders...plus 2 camera bodies and rain hoods.
If it's wedding work, I have two bags. A main bag, with all my normal swap outs. I harness up with three cameras, each with a lens and the bag (which I park near by...like under the cake) has my swap outs. My 2nd bag is in the car and that's got the very occasional use lenses, like a Sigma 12-24. It's also got my back up cams and back up lenses. These bags come from the think tank Urban range.
I have a 3rd bag and that's a flash rig. So it's got 2 flashes, stands, remotes, brollies, boxes...every thing I need for a mobile light up. But it's not really a camera bag...it's a flasher bag and it only gets used for the 1st dance, reception dance and if something's gone really wrong with the weather for the formals / portraits.

Upvote 0