I have seen the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, and I can tell you what I saw.

PhotoPlus Expo NY starts tomorrow. Hoping to get demo's of all the new gear that's been dropping the last several months. Sony isn't showing up this year. They are having their own event a few blocks away which is kind of rude IMO.

Canon usually does a nice job. They'll have lot's of gear around for hands on demo's and some of their explorers will usually do presentations. Fujifilm will actually give you a loaner for the day which is nice.

Possible that there will be a 1DX III mock-up if they do an announcement tonight. Otherwise I'm looking forward to doing some hand's on with the new RF lenses and spending a bit of time with the new printers.

I'm pretty happy with where I am right now as far as cameras and lenses go but it's always nice to see the new stuff.

Upvote 0
Nokishita just tweeted an hour ago that they have found an unpublished article on a famous overseas news site about 1DXIII.
This is the same thing they found a day before the A9II was announced.
Very likely Canon is including something about the 1DXIII in the upcoming announcement.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Nokishita just tweeted an hour ago that they have found an unpublished article on a famous overseas news site about 1DXIII.

Maybe they refer to Canonrumors? Canonrumors takes news from Nokishita and Nokishita gets the same news from Canonrumors. The actual origin of the news is an absolute mystery.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Maybe they refer to Canonrumors? Canonrumors takes news from Nokishita and Nokishita gets the same news from Canonrumors. The actual origin of the news is an absolute mystery.
LOL...sure...I can't remember a time Nokishita has taken anything from CRs. Nokishita has there own sources in Japan...somehow they have backdoor access to unpublished website data from the actual companies and from other news organisations. I have yet to see Nokishita wrong about anything because they don't post rumors, they post facts.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
so is it going to have an electronic shutter and that means it has to have an EVF right
but it is rumored to have better LCD right

I'm taking the 30 fps rumor with a big grain of salt for now, but yeah, it would probably use an electronic shutter in that mode and have some caveats, like only doing 30 fps as part of a brief (2 second?) burst, and/or at limited quality.

live view in view finder how?

On the rear LCD, not in the viewfinder. The viewfinder would be an OVF.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Okay seriously. These are the things I'm curious about that might be possible to determine.

Memory Card: If there is a shot that shows the door open (unlikely) Oops! Sorry, I just re-read Craig's post. Never mind.

Battery: This should be possible to make an educated guess, based on whether or not the appearance of the battery compartment is the same as previous model.

Does it have the 7DII autofocus point lever thingy, the 5DIV autofocus point switchy thing, or (Oh Nooo) the R's multi-function bar.

Upvote 0
Battery: This should be possible to make an educated guess, based on whether or not the appearance of the battery compartment is the same as previous model.

Does it have the 7DII autofocus point lever thingy, the 5DIV autofocus point switchy thing, or (Oh Nooo) the R's multi-function bar.
Just looked at Nokishita's twitter - they've noted today that a Canon camera was received for certification with an LP-E19... If the 1DXIII does indeed have a new battery, then I wonder what that camera was...

Upvote 0