I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

HarryFilm said:
And in case you're wondering, the aircraft control system above is designed for a 130,000 lbs (around 47,000 KG) FULLY AUTONOMOUS DRONE....and YES those icons for JDAM and Hellfire bays are very very VERY REAL!

And yes the drone has PURE vision recognition since it's scanning ALL OF those 4x 4k videos at currently 60 fps using SOBEL edge detection to auto-recognize and auto-target up to 65,000 objects per second against a 200,000 objects database of terrain, vehicles, aircraft, buildings and persons! For the high speed SCRAMJET versions, we can go up to 99,999 metres altitude at 9999 knots (11,500+MPH) at an image recording and SOBEL scan rate of as much as 10,000 FPS using high-speed FPGA and onboard GPU systems.

ANY QUESTIONS....!!!

Harry, I continue to be amused. You've clearly read Swift, and found him much too subtle. Perhaps you should go to work in DC: a certain politician needs someone who can talk with a straight face.

You asked for questions: since you work in engineering, how about giving us a couple of falsifiable hypotheses to chew on? What's the latest possible date for the big Canon announcement? And about your codec, when is the latest we can see a public beta posted? When can we definitely say "Harry was wrong?"

*Note to Neuro and Don: remember that backward time travel violates causality.

Upvote 0

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Spock said:
It is refreshing to meet another programmer of similar abilities. Have you considered joining Star Fleet? We can use a being of your talents. There are bugs on the display screen of the Enterprise that require fixing. I designed the system, but due to problems with the Klingons, I have not had the time to properly test it.

That's too much. Your name. ;D ;D

You win.

Upvote 0
Spock said:
It is refreshing to meet another programmer of similar abilities. Have you considered joining Star Fleet? We can use a being of your talents. There are bugs on the display screen of the Enterprise that require fixing. I designed the system, but due to problems with the Klingons, I have not had the time to properly test it.

There are Klingons off the starboard bow!

Upvote 0
Spock said:

===

Bugs on the display screen? It's the ERGONOMICS you need to worry about more!

Have you EVER sat in one of the Main Bridge chairs for hours at a time?
The backs and sets are far too low. You'll get neck cramps and lower back problems in a mere two or three operator shifts!

You need switchable display screens that can rotate at any angle to take into account left and right-handed people AND their varying heights and body sizes!

I think I like my Captain's Chair with the hydraulic suspension system MUCH better!

Eeeek! Your main bridge is a HORROR STORY of ergonomics much less graphics!

I'll be reporting you to the Klingon High Council who now has direct oversight on all things ergonomic for all Starfleet Vessels. Their Ergonomics Council Statutes and Bylaw Enforcement team will make you pay DEARLY for this travesty!

They DO still have Agonizers in that division you should well know!

I find your lack of faith in the ergonomic council disturbing.....

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
Spock said:
There are bugs on the display screen of the Enterprise that require fixing.

Please, tell Kirk to stop ordering warp speed while a red shirt engineer is out cleaning the camera lenses... I know Vulcans think clear filters on lenses are illogical and impact IQ, but when planets are damp and full of insect they help...

Anyway keep shields up when flying low in the atmosphere, especially at sunset...

Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
Don Haines said:
Spock said:

That’s easy for you to say..... you are not wearing a red shirt.....

Ouch! I'm wearing a red shirt today. Dress shirt though, so I guess I'll survive the evening.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
unfocused said:
I’m guessing Harry has not had a date in a very long time.

I'm reminded of this song from a 70s/80s rock group:

220px-StyxTooMuchTime.jpg

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
HarryFilm said:
The delay you seeing is NOT a technical one...let's just say something a little bit larger than what you and I have imagined is just about to be introduced and I thought I'd hold off just a bit longer so I don't cause too many problems for Canon.

It's personal decision of mine in a bit of professional courtesy towards Canon!

The announcement won't stop my codec introduction, it just merely delays it to sometime around or soon after NAB.

Keep searching and reading all the various Canon Rumor websites for the big news from Canon...it's a doozy of an announcement!

I knew Canon was working on this for a while now but I didn't know just how far along they were and now that I've been sent some "Image Proof" I will say that on the first day it sells, I will be on the local Canon dealer's website that day with some online moolah in hand to be eagerly spent!

Is the C700 FF your 'doozy' announcement? It was really professionally courteous of you to not release your magic rainbow-farting-unicorn codec around this time, that would surely have detracted from Canon's C700 FF annouuncement. I'm not sure how, exactly, maybe the dual excitement of your magic codec and a full frame Cinema EOS in a different form factor than the 1D C would have combined to give millions of people thrill-induced SUDDEN CORONARY EVENTS and you were worried that your CRACK LEGAL TEAM (or legal team on crack, as the case may be) would be overwhlemed with wrongful death lawsuits.

Meanwhile, grab your moolah and get in line! Hurry, there's no time to waste, at $33,000 the C700 FF will be flying off the shelves, and you don't want to be left out in the cold.

Upvote 0
HarryFilm said:
This is MY downstairs workstation with 4x 4K 55" screens or a total of 16,384 x 2160 pixels of four video streams at 60 fps with REAL-TIME recording AND playback! And YES that is MY PERSONALLY DESIGNED AND CUSTOM CODED codec doing that! So YEAH! I think that I DEFINITELY CAN design a codec when I can record and playback FOUR TIMES DCI 4K at up to 60 fps using my own codecs (they're not MP4 or HVEC!)

Note there is a Rear 4K screen but is isn't shown on this. There are versions of this system that I designed that have EIGHT SCREENS being truly 360 degree surround-view.

And NO this is not a cheap system....the SMALL SYSTEM is around $75,000 US for just the display hardware and high end multi-GPU workstation!

The user interfaces and the multi-stream display system code I ALSO design FROM SCRATCH! Below is just ONE example!

This guy did it already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUUEGUsihec and in a very similar manner!
:eek:

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
bhf3737 said:
HarryFilm said:
This is MY downstairs workstation with 4x 4K 55" screens or a total of 16,384 x 2160 pixels of four video streams at 60 fps with REAL-TIME recording AND playback! And YES that is MY PERSONALLY DESIGNED AND CUSTOM CODED codec doing that! So YEAH! I think that I DEFINITELY CAN design a codec when I can record and playback FOUR TIMES DCI 4K at up to 60 fps using my own codecs (they're not MP4 or HVEC!)

Note there is a Rear 4K screen but is isn't shown on this. There are versions of this system that I designed that have EIGHT SCREENS being truly 360 degree surround-view.

And NO this is not a cheap system....the SMALL SYSTEM is around $75,000 US for just the display hardware and high end multi-GPU workstation!

The user interfaces and the multi-stream display system code I ALSO design FROM SCRATCH! Below is just ONE example!

This guy did it already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUUEGUsihec and in a very similar manner!

Yes, but they don't run everything out a single 5D MKII... just, they UI I guess won't look like a MySpace web site...

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
HarryFilm said:
The delay you seeing is NOT a technical one...let's just say something a little bit larger than what you and I have imagined is just about to be introduced and I thought I'd hold off just a bit longer so I don't cause too many problems for Canon.

It's personal decision of mine in a bit of professional courtesy towards Canon!

The announcement won't stop my codec introduction, it just merely delays it to sometime around or soon after NAB.

Keep searching and reading all the various Canon Rumor websites for the big news from Canon...it's a doozy of an announcement!

I knew Canon was working on this for a while now but I didn't know just how far along they were and now that I've been sent some "Image Proof" I will say that on the first day it sells, I will be on the local Canon dealer's website that day with some online moolah in hand to be eagerly spent!

Is the C700 FF your 'doozy' announcement? It was really professionally courteous of you to not release your magic rainbow-farting-unicorn codec around this time, that would surely have detracted from Canon's C700 FF annouuncement. I'm not sure how, exactly, maybe the dual excitement of your magic codec and a full frame Cinema EOS in a different form factor than the 1D C would have combined to give millions of people thrill-induced SUDDEN CORONARY EVENTS and you were worried that your CRACK LEGAL TEAM (or legal team on crack, as the case may be) would be overwhlemed with wrongful death lawsuits.

Meanwhile, grab your moolah and get in line! Hurry, there's no time to waste, at $33,000 the C700 FF will be flying off the shelves, and you don't want to be left out in the cold.

===

Actually NO! It wasn't the C700 FF announcement that is the big deal but the combined Canon Android-OS Smartphone with a VERY LARGE SENSOR than any other smartphone! A phone with basically almost the same one as the Canon 7D Mk2's sensor. It's a BIG and THICK smartphone but with an APS-C sensor on it, it's great for family vacations, those on-a-tight-filming-budget and student film-makers and people like me who would REALLY LIKE AND WANT just one single device for smartphone calling/internet access and DSLR-like quality photo-taking!

I have posted pics I received from a UK source in another forum topic and since I pixel-peeped those photos pretty diligently, I am inclined to believe more-likely-tha-not, that these are PROBABLY 3D-printed prototype-boxes of a COMBINED Smartphone and DSLR product that Canon will introduce probably to compete in the same market as that ultra high-end Red Hydrogen phone! And I am GUESSING at this level of prototyping (aka 30 devices currently testing as said in the wild) the development is pretty far along being released by September/October 2019 probably in time for 2019 Christmas Shopping season! That's my educated guess!

And if the price point is the $1400 U.S. that is indicated, I will bet that MANY gadget freaks like me, will make this one of the GOTO SMARTPHONES especially when it has an APS-C sized sensor onboard....THAT IS THE KILLER APPLICATION! Monster sensor with smartphone functionality!

Upvote 0
bhf3737 said:
HarryFilm said:

===

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! I'm already running 55 inch screens at 4 x 4k for the small system and 4K x 8 screens using 83 inch screens for a battlespace management system. Plus I'm running REAL-TIME processed and compressed video at multi-gigabyte bandwidths at 500 km wireless ranges which this guy AIN'T EVEN CLOSE TO ACHIEVING!

The codec I designed works on ANY SIZE SCREEN RESOLUTION (up to 2^64 power x 2^64th power resolution) limited ONLY by the number of available GPU cards for compression/decompression/SOBEL edge detection processing. We can order a Microway system that has 256 NVIDIA Workstation class GPU'S that can do 10,000 fps at our normal 8x 4096x2160 if the camera system can do that speed. Some Teledyne/Dalsa CCD chips (NOT CMOS!) CAN do such 10,000 fps frame capture speeds since they are global shutter but the FIVE SECOND codec buffer required is on the order of 28,311,552,000,000 bytes or 28 Terabytes (64-bit RGBA pixels) which we have have done on some systems but that's not a normal order. it's usually 4 screen or 8 screen DCI 4K at 60 fps.

Upvote 0
HarryFilm said:
===

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! I'm already running 55 inch screens at 4 x 4k for the small system and 4K x 8 screens using 83 inch screens for a battlespace management system. Plus I'm running REAL-TIME processed and compressed video at multi-gigabyte bandwidths at 500 km wireless ranges which this guy AIN'T EVEN CLOSE TO ACHIEVING!

So I now understand that you have access to alien technology, too. I didn't know on this planet we have wireless with 500 km range. On planet Earth, even beam wireless cannot go beyond a couple of miles maximum.
I'd be grateful if you implement in your codec some kind of interstellar teleportation technology running on Canon 5D models, so that I can bring back to Earth the rolling hills and tranquil waterfalls of planet Naboo recorded by your 4K 4:4:4 codec, as a proof.
Beam me up Scotty!!

Upvote 0