Has anyone ever tried using Canon CN-E Cinema Primes with an EOS DSLR?

I have a bunch of CN-E Cinema Prime lenses for use with my Canon cinema camera. These are pretty amazing lenses.

I'm trying to use them with various full-frame Canon DSLRs, and I'm seeing the same problem on all of them (5D, 5Dm2, 6D, 1DSm3):

--The lens is recognized electronically, and the (fully-manual) aperture setting appears on the camera display as I turn the aperture ring.

--The camera switches correctly to manual-focus mode when the lens is attached.

--However, manual focus confirmation (using the currently active AF point) does not work on any of the cameras. You can focus very slowly, and the focus-confirmation light never lights, and no beep is heard.

Manual focus confirmation works on all 4 cameras if you're using a Canon lens with an AF/MF switch.

Also, there's an AF-ON button on most of these cameras, but holding it down doesn't change anything regarding focus confirmation with these CN-E lenses. For example, holing AF-ON might cause the current AF point to light up dimly (where it would light up more brightly once focus is finally hit). But focus is never hit.

The reason that I find this behavior surprising is that the CN-E lenses are "chipped" and have electronic contacts (which is what allows the camera to read the manual aperture setting).

I've read about "chipped adapters" for non-Canon manual lenses, to say, "Hey, I'm in MF mode," which will enable focus assist for these non-Canon manual lenses.

But these lenses are already chipped---by Canon themselves.