Industry News: Fujifilm Introduces the flagship X-H2S

Jan 30, 2020
Would I be ready to pay $1000 extra for the R7 if Canon added stacked sensor, CFExpress, larger buffer and a higher resolution EVF? YES, I most definetely would! (and especially if Canon also added a builtin GPS ;-)).

But the EOS R7 - even if it doesn't feel like a true 7DII succesor - also seems to be a nice camera. And the more details I learn about it, the nicer it becomes. But in the long run, it looks like Canon have a new serious competitor in the high-end "action ready" APS-C market to look out for. Looking forward to hear how Fuji's updated AF works in practice on a final release camera.

But Dear Canon! Launch an "R7x" next year, and you will get my money twice :)
The question is: does Canon want to try to be the king of aps-c or not? They may well be content with the $1,500 price point as their top level camera in this format and focus on higher margin full frame cameras and lenses.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
The question is: does Canon want to try to be the king of aps-c or not? They may well be content with the $1,500 price point as their top level camera in this format and focus on higher margin full frame cameras and lenses.
Just look at yesterdays announcement of XH2, will be waiting for review of that beast.

Upvote 0