Industry News: Fujifilm officially announces the X-T4

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
I'm really sad that Canon can't seem to make a reasonably priced dual-card mirrorless camera. Same for Nikon. Meanwhile Fujifilm and Sony both offer really good dual-card cameras for under $2K.
And what do you shoot or who shoots professionally with a crop sensor camera?

There is nothing to be sad about.

I am very sad that a Sony in camera menus are a total crap, weather protection is a joke, ergonomics are sh1t, skin tones are all wrong, customer service is a joke...
now the second card issue aside for a non professional crop sensor platform, what else Canon make you sad about?
Fuji: I am sad about RAW files out of Fuji they are not as manageable as Canon RAW files. so here we have it. Canon wins hands down for photographers. Sony is a former specs leader. Canon killed it with R5. Fuji is a nice travel camera.

Upvote 0

I am very sad that a Sony in camera menus are a total crap, weather protection is a joke, ergonomics are sh1t, skin tones are all wrong, customer service is a joke...
now the second card issue aside for a non professional crop sensor platform, what else Canon make you sad about?
Fuji: I am sad about RAW files out of Fuji they are not as manageable as Canon RAW files. so here we have it. Canon wins hands down for photographers. Sony is a former specs leader. Canon killed it with R5. Fuji is a nice travel camera.

you would be surprised how many people use Fuji cameras professionally! I used to be a Canon shooter and still have affection for Canon since I have some good memories using those cameras. To me size matters and you can't beat Fuji there, they have very good glass and cameras with pro features and all of that in size that feels so good to use. Also price is a big factor, you get pro equipment and features at lower prices.

With todays sensors the difference between crop and FF sensors is negligible and important only if you pixel peep and I am not that kind of guy. So for me Fuji just rocks.

I wish Canon pushed M system bodies with more pro features. I liked my M5 but it had too many shortcoming for a a bit serious use. M glass is really nice, those 22mm and 32mm are great lenses, also 11-22mm but bodies are just at the amateur level.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

I shoot weddings. No need to argue every positive and negative of every camera maker, or who "wins". I simply want dual cards on a reasonably priced (under $2K) mirrorless. Is that too much to ask for?

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016

I've probably sold more images from my 7D Mark II + EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II than from my 5D Mark III/IV combined with any lens. Mostly sports/action stuff.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2014

What makes you think a crop camera cannot be used professionally? I've see Rebels used for weddings with great results and i know photographers using micro 43 cameras professionally.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2011
I mean, obviously a good chunk of the video world does.

And where is that $4000+ price point was originated from?
Probably wont top $4k, but I'd be stunned if its not $3499 like the 5DIV was on introduction. Meaning I could own 2 of the X-T4 for on R5. Canon's equivalent camera is the EOS R, which is pretty outspec'd by the XT-4

Upvote 0
Aug 28, 2012
I've probably sold more images from my 7D Mark II + EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II than from my 5D Mark III/IV combined with any lens. Mostly sports/action stuff.
Yes, those who seek to criticise crop sensors forget that the 7Dii has been used extensively over the years by professional wildlife and sports photogs. My harshest critic (my wife) thinks some of my best wildlife shots, including birds in flight, were those taken with the X-T2 and adapted EF lenses - more than matching the 1DXii. As a fourth generation X-T camera, the X-T4 promises to be a very fine wildlife and sports camera which I'm sure some professionals will find more than meets their needs. All Fuji really lacks is some native long primes, the XF200 f2 being their only option to date.

Upvote 0
In my experience Fuji's XT's are very capable cameras in addition to being very enjoyable to work with. Nobody is saying that there aren't times when it is advantageous to have a larger sensor but I find that the IQ of the XT-3/4 26 MP sensor to be quite good and there are very few instance where I wouldn't be comfortable using it rather than my full frame Canon's.

IMO, the larger the sensor, the easier it is to get a high quality image without putting too much effort into it. There is a lot of built in slack. Using smaller sensor cameras forces you to be on your game a bit more because it you screw up it's probably going to show in the end result. With modern mega DR, high MP auto ISO full frames that is less true IMO.

Like a lot of people around here; I've been doing this for a while and yet the Fuji's have given me a fresh perspective on what works best for me. I still intend to stick with the Canon's and get an R5/6 at some point but I have room in my life for both systems. Three if you count my iPhone 11.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
What makes you think a crop camera cannot be used professionally? I've see Rebels used for weddings with great results and i know photographers using micro 43 cameras professionally.
I have seen weddings shot on iPhones by guests both stills and video. I can shoot good photos on a rebel it won’t survive a professional use for long though.

R5 price : my gestimate is :$3,750

Not $4,000+. And your take was $4,000+
Look at the OP

Upvote 0

dtaylor

Canon 5Ds
Jul 26, 2011
Maybe, but how many people can afford a $4000+ camera and how many an $1600 one?

To be sure the X-T4 is a fine camera at a lower price point and will sell well. But I think for many Canon users looking at their video options a FF R5 or R6 will close off any chance of adding another brand's body for video.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
I mean, obviously a good chunk of the video world does.

Probably wont top $4k, but I'd be stunned if its not $3499 like the 5DIV was on introduction. Meaning I could own 2 of the X-T4 for on R5. Canon's equivalent camera is the EOS R, which is pretty outspec'd by the XT-4
Excuse me, you are comparing apples to rotten oranges. I am leaving this conversation. Bye ;)

Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Obviously their marketing thinks that the "Eterna Bleach Bypass Film Simulation" is a grand new thing. Sounds like those accidents that sometimes happen in my little film lab :devilish: That said, this is surely a nice camera, like most Fuji products. But I personally am no fan of this now lightly bleached and bypassed retro style look. If I want that, I take one of my original vintage rangefinders. With modern cameras I prefer advanced ergonomics with e.g. a pronounced grip. But design is a matter of taste, of course.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Dec 30, 2016
I'd love to get one of these but I can't justify the price. Where I live, the Fuji is $2899 for the body only which costs even more than an EOS R and RF 35mm so I could never justify paying that much for an APSC body.

That is not right.... The price is not $2899 for the body, but $1699. What country would have almost double the official price?

Upvote 0