Is their a name for this "style" of photography?

Jan 29, 2011
Hector1970 said:
Interesting the number of people who think its film and those who think its a 5D Mark II or III.
Film and digital must be hard to tell apart which is probably a credit to both media.

I'm probably completely wrong but it looks digital to me with a fair bit of processing and some sort of pink hue added to it all.

I don't think it is a 5D MkII and MkIII, I know it is, if you watch some of her videos you can see her shooting with them, the MkII in early videos the MkIII in the newer ones.

Upvote 0
Not sure about everyone else's neck of the woods. I happen to live in California not too far out of LA and pretty much 75% of the wedding photographers and portrait shooters all have this look now (and for the past few years). Pretty simple actually. As a few others have already stated what is needed to be done in-cam, post probably just consists of laying a VSCO preset + messing with the curves a little more on top. Nothing mind-numbing and definitely dime a dozen around these parts.

As a side note, the skin tones look terrible on some of those shots which usually happens when laying these "film presets" over natural backlit photos where the subjects are in the shadows.

Upvote 0
Oct 16, 2010
Hector1970 said:
Interesting the number of people who think its film and those who think its a 5D Mark II or III.
Film and digital must be hard to tell apart which is probably a credit to both media.

I'm probably completely wrong but it looks digital to me with a fair bit of processing and some sort of pink hue added to it all.
It is hard to tell them apart. However, it's almost impossible to blow highlights with negative film.

Those needing further confirmation that this is a new style need look no further than here: -

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/my-wedding-photo-nightmare-brides-bitter-dispute-with-wedding-photographer/story-fnet09y4-1227346123553

When I read the bride was bitterly disappointed with her photos “due to blur and overexposure" I immediately thought of this thread.

Upvote 0