Is this a good time to buy 1D X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a good time to buy.

1. It's new, hard to find, priced at it retail, likely as high as it ever will be. Let them work the bugs out, and let the price fall a little.

2. You don't need this camera at your stage. i am not one of those people who think you need a manual film 35mm to start, because 40 years ago thats what they had. But I am one of those people who knows the difference between a photographer, and a gear collector. And when i read your post I think, gear collector. Do you talk more about your gear, or your photographs? Think about it.

You don't need a 2nd body, but if you must, get yourself a 7D. Shoot some sports, and other things that benefit from the high speed shutter, etc.

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

TexPhoto said:
It is not a good time to buy.

1. It's new, hard to find, priced at it retail, likely as high as it ever will be. Let them work the bugs out, and let the price fall a little.

2. You don't need this camera at your stage. i am not one of those people who think you need a manual film 35mm to start, because 40 years ago thats what they had. But I am one of those people who knows the difference between a photographer, and a gear collector. And when i read your post I think, gear collector. Do you talk more about your gear, or your photographs? Think about it.

You don't need a 2nd body, but if you must, get yourself a 7D. Shoot some sports, and other things that benefit from the high speed shutter, etc.

A 7D would be a very bad choice - a 1D4 or a 5DIII would be infinitely better

For sports the 1D4 has many benefits, such as AF point metering, auto iso with minimum shutter speed + EC, plus of course 10fps

Nothing wrong with collecting gear either

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.