May 20, 2013
The Heliopan ND 3.0 should fit the Lee adapter ring, stray light is almost certainly going to be a major problem however. The best option would be to remove all the 100mm filters slots, thus allowing the filter ring to be attached directly to the holder. Theoretically additional filters (if required) could be attached to the 105mm front thread of ND 3.0. Positioning filters such as grads would be a nightmare however, due to the high density of the filter.

Personally I would either wait for the Lee or purchase a 100mm square alternative. The new Hitech ProStop IR ND 3, is an option. I've used the older Hitech ProStop 3.0, it had a blue cast similar to that produced by the Lee Big Stopper. Hitech claim that the new IR version is the worlds most neutral ND, I haven't seen a review of it yet however.

Upvote 0
May 20, 2013
Hi eili452. I think waiting is the the right decision. If I purchased an alternative, the fact that the Lee may be better would always be in the back of my mind.

A link showing the official Lee dealers worldwide is below

http://www.leefilters.com/dealer-camera.html

Options are very limited in your part of the world. However i'm sure you will find that Dale Photographic isn't the only one that ships to Israel. The big retailers tend to have massive back-order list, so a less well known official dealers may be a better option. You can always check this before ordering, some retailers don't take payment until time of dispatch, thus giving you the option to cancel if you find it in stock elsewhere.

PS Adhesive tape and delicate filters are not a good mix.

Upvote 0

eli452

When you have to shoot shoot don't talk
Sep 4, 2013
Israel
Paying extra on eBay got me the LEE Big Stopper today. So my question now is:
How do you store the Big Stopper (seen to many shattered glass filters pictures, especially the Big Stopper, on the web)?
1. with the resin ND/GND filters in the LEE Multi Filter Pouch. Con: The Big stopper is made of glass thus more fragile
2. in the original metal box

Upvote 0