More Canon announcements coming in 2020

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have been told that we are going to get product announcements throughout the rest of 2020.
At the moment, it looks like the end of August for new gear announcements, as well as the last week in September.
There is likely going to be a November or December announcement too.
On the docket are two RF mount cinema cameras, a new XC series camera, a new XF series camera, along with new RF lenses and an EOS M announcement.
It looks like it will be a busy rest of 2020.

Continue reading...

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
My toy budget will be tied up with the R6, 85 f/2 macro and the 100-500.

An entirely worthy set, even though I have no real interest in any of those.

(See? It's possible for me to recognize that things I don't particularly find useful for to be inherently valuable to someone else. Would that certain others here could do that. No, not addressed to you, Ron, but to certain others.)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Shane

Shane
Nov 3, 2014
Chicago
I'm still dreaming about the rumored RF70-135 f2. I would do such a big happy dance if that was announced. I would settle for an RF 135 1.8 gladly though. It seems a little more realistic and may be half the weight haha. New Canon flashes with Rechargeable batteries would be great too. It's a great time to be a photographer haha. I have two R6 on Pre Order and chose them over the R5 to have cash left for glass.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
So it's good thatI spent the toy budget for the next few years on the R5 + 100-500, no more GAS :)

Same as you... but GAS will never disappear.

For me it's R5 + 100-500... but then just 'have' to pair it w/ a 2x (so I don't feel left out w/ a 600-1000mm reach). But now that IBIS is a thing, I'm thinking of ditching the 24-105 F4 and going w/ 28-70 F2. But then it will be the next thing...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
Maybe they should just concentrate on actually delivering the products they have already "announced". I hope the R5 doesn't become like the D850 a couple years ago, ie one of the best cameras you can never actually find.

Just my frustration showing through ….I have the RF 15-35, 24-70 and 70-200.....these lenses are all crazy sharp on the R, and I just want to see what they can do on an R5. If anybody is sitting on the fence about switching to RF glass, don't think twice. Just do it.

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2016
thats nice and all but you announced a R5 back in the begining of July that I still cant get cause every camera store doesn't have one, has no clue when theyre getting any either, try and fufill your previous announcements before you start announcing new things. The funniest part is on the Canon sites they have "The wait is Over" No its NOT! lol

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 384473

thats nice and all but you announced a R5 back in the begining of July that I still cant get cause every camera store doesn't have one, has no clue when theyre getting any either, try and fufill your previous announcements before you start announcing new things. The funniest part is on the Canon sites they have "The wait is Over" No its NOT! lol
We're still facing a lot of roadblocks from the pandemic and the cameras most likely have different consumer targets and teams working on them. I am sure R5s will start rolling out beginning of September on a FCFS basis.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2014

Actually would be nice if Canon would announce everything what's coming in the next 2-3 years. Or have a lens roadmap.
Would be much easier to plan and budget. Obviously they don't want that because people would sit on their money and not spend it now.

Upvote 0

pmjm

R5, 1DX Mk II, 5D Mk IV, four 90D's
Sep 8, 2016
I have my fingers crossed that the cinema cameras will be announced at the end of August, while I'm still within the R5 return window. Even then, they're selling for $1k over retail on eBay so it might really be worth upgrading if the specs are right.

Got a couple of Aputure 300D II's stuck in the (curently slow as molasses) postal system so I can properly put the R5 through its paces too. What a great year for gear! (and a terrible year for everything else)

Upvote 0