More Cinema EOS C300 Mark III Information [CR0]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><em>*<strong>UPDATE*</strong> We’re going to downgrade this set of EOS C300 Mark III rumors to <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/the-canon-rumors-rating-system-explained/">[CR0]</a> after getting some confirmation from someone we trust.</em></p>
<p>Earlier in the week <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-cinema-eos-c300-mark-iii-coming-in-the-spring-cr1/">we posted some information about the Canon EOS C300 Mark III</a> that came from unknown places. Yesterday we received more information from the same place. It’s starting to feel like we may be getting trolled.</p>

<p>Anyway, here’s what else we’ve been told is coming in the new camera.</p>
<ul>
<li>4K Internal 4:4:4</li>
<li>6K RAW</li>
<li>Priced above $20,000</li>
<li>Newly designed shoulder mount.</li>
</ul>
<p>Over the years I’ve learned that if a specification list doesn’t feel like it’s something Canon would do, it’s because Canon isn’t going to be doing it. This feels like one of those times.</p>
<p>Take all of this with a huge grain of salt.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Re: More Cinema EOS C300 Mark III Information [CR1]

transpo1 said:
brianftpc said:
You have to ask yourself what does this camera have to be to be worth double the price of the c200.

6K if it's true.

But it's probably not true.

Why would they undercut the C700 with a 6K camera? Unless they're giving up on it.

RED

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2011

crazyrunner33 said:
transpo1 said:
brianftpc said:
You have to ask yourself what does this camera have to be to be worth double the price of the c200.

6K if it's true.

Why would they undercut the C700 with a 6K camera? Unless they're giving up on it.

RED

I fully agree and think they should but was trying to get into Canon's (conservative) mindset.

I barely ever see professional shooters with C300s anymore in NYC. They're all FS7, Red, or Arri.

Upvote 0

transpo1 said:
crazyrunner33 said:
transpo1 said:
brianftpc said:

6K if it's true.

RED

I fully agree and think they should but was trying to get into Canon's (conservative) mindset.

I barely ever see professional shooters with C300s anymore in NYC. They're all FS7, Red, or Arri.

Ah, very true. I forgot that Canon is a bit slow to respond to competition. I've only ever seen the C300 being used in corporate communications, but most corporate communication departments are now switching to the GH5 and A7SII for the IBS.

Upvote 0
They messed up with the C700 and didnt set the bar high enough. What could they possibly release if theres going to be another C300 or C500 to fit between the C200 and C700. Theres no room.

No 10bit output on the C200 was a huge disappointment but this wouldnt justify twice the price to get it on a C300 upgrade.

Canon better hope sony's AF doesnt touch its DPAF with the A7Siii. DPAF is the ONLY thing thats kept me here. It sure isnt having to buy CFast 2 cards :(

Anyone who is buying a GH5 or A7Sii clearly doesnt care about autofocus.

If we are talking $10,000 then a C300mk 3 would need to simply add 10bit output in 4k 60P. on sensor IS. Their xf400 has this. 15 REAL stops of DR. Better 4k codecs.

Thats not a $20,000 camera

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2014
brianftpc said:
They messed up with the C700 and didnt set the bar high enough. What could they possibly release if theres going to be another C300 or C500 to fit between the C200 and C700. Theres no room.

No 10bit output on the C200 was a huge disappointment but this wouldnt justify twice the price to get it on a C300 upgrade.

Canon better hope sony's AF doesnt touch its DPAF with the A7Siii. DPAF is the ONLY thing thats kept me here. It sure isnt having to buy CFast 2 cards :(

If we are talking $10,000 then a C300mk 3 would need to simply add 10bit output in 4k 60P. on sensor IS. Their xf400 has this. 15 REAL stops of DR. Better 4k codecs.

Wow, I read all these comments and look at the new cameras coming out, and I have to believe we are right at the cusp of serious change. Somebody is going to come out with the sweetspot video camera pretty soon. IMO the GH5 is getting close because it can do 10 bit 4K output. But it suffers from low light and AF. Other cameras like the C300 suffer from high prices and limited video specs. Some cameras have other features, but they use batteries like water. Unless you go real high price, all of the current cameras have some kind of limitation. But it's changing fast folks. I see that we might see an announcement of a GH5s this week, which is supposed to be a low light demon. It might improve upon AF too. And then there is Fujifilm, which has the killer GFX50 camera. I expect Fuji to get more into video soon. 2018 is going to be some year folks.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2011
gsealy said:
brianftpc said:

Wow, I read all these comments and look at the new cameras coming out, and I have to believe we are right at the cusp of serious change. Somebody is going to come out with the sweetspot video camera pretty soon. IMO the GH5 is getting close because it can do 10 bit 4K output. But it suffers from low light and AF. Other cameras like the C300 suffer from high prices and limited video specs. Some cameras have other features, but they use batteries like water. Unless you go real high price, all of the current cameras have some kind of limitation. But it's changing fast folks. I see that we might see an announcement of a GH5s this week, which is supposed to be a low light demon. It might improve upon AF too. And then there is Fujifilm, which has the killer GFX50 camera. I expect Fuji to get more into video soon. 2018 is going to be some year folks.

Well said. The GH5s announcement will be in January I hear and it will use a new Sony sensor. Fuji will likely also announce the X-H1 around that time with IBIS and internal F-Log. And I’m sure the A7SIII or the A9S are right around the corner. Now would be a good time for Canon to pull out all the stops (no pun intended) on their hybrid still / video offerings

Upvote 0