Multiple Flashes During Wedding Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
picturesbyme said:
wickidwombat said:
Wow, I liked that video.
Never been into weddings, even though my friends are keep asking but this video is interesting.
So if there are so many photographers - and due to that large number probably so many good ones too - how come these people can shoot 100s of weddings?
Now I would think that this was staged but the sad thing is that all I have to do is search for the area where I live and I see half a dozen snappers like this....
Because people are cheap and/or don't actually investigate thoroughly. My wife and I have only shot 5 weddings as the main photographers but I still take it seriously and rent the necessary equipment to make it work. I look around at other people's work compared to their price and charge the same price as the aweful ones but do a lot nicer work. In a few years though once I've built up my portfolio though, I'll obviously raise my rates and so people will think my rates are "too high" for how little work I do. It's one of those areas where if you want good pictures, then perhaps money shouldn't be your first determiner.

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
wickidwombat said:
brianleighty said:
I don't totally understand depth of field yet but the closest I've come is that the depth of field is based off the

Um I dont mean to be rude but if you dont understand depth of field then you really should not be shooting a wedding!

weddings are about as full on shooting conditions that you will ever encounter you need to be 100% clear on how your camera works and all fundamental photography basics

otherwise you might end up here
Judge Joe Brown - Cheap wedding photographer

I agree with the Judge. If you get pay as a wedding photographer, please DON'T use consumer level cameras or lenses...PERIOD

XTi + 18-55 lens for wedding, and NO FLASH??? What's next S100 for wedding??? U gotta to be kidding RIGHT? :mad: :mad:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.