Mushrooms And Fungi Of Any Kind

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Found this giant lately. The cap was more than 20 cm (8 inch) diameter. almost the size of a (good old) LP ;)
Can anybody tell me the genus? @ISv do you probably know?

View attachment 200568

View attachment 200567

The genus is Gymnopilus - most probably G. junonius: I don't know if the American G. ventricosus is already present in Europe (we are in "global" times: the spread of different species from continent to continent is getting more and more speed:(). That species is pretty similar.
BTW, when you take photos of fungi and want ID it's helpful to know the substrate from which they grow. Gymnopilus is growing on wood but that wood could be under the ground...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Here are a few of many taken recently. The Amanita Muscaria (last picture) is the only one I have any confidence in identifying. I won't be eating any of them!View attachment 200828View attachment 200829View attachment 200830View attachment 200831View attachment 200832

The first one looks like Pholiota squarrosoides to me (are you in North America?), second is something around Mycena, the third is Hypholoma sp. but on the very right side of the photo I see small mushroom that could be Leucopholiota decorosa. The last two are Amanitas (the very last is A. muscaria)

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
And since I'm at the topic: two species (among many others) that I was not able to find in the existing literature for the Hawaiian mushrooms.
First one should be something from the old Coprinus genus (now separated in few more...). The second (two photos) is kind of Auriscalpium - looks like the Auriscalpium villipes from South America to me.DSC_1331_DxO-1.jpgDSC_1333_DxO.jpgDSC_1337_DxO.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
The genus is Gymnopilus - most probably G. junonius: I don't know if the American G. ventricosus is already present in Europe (we are in "global" times: the spread of different species from continent to continent is getting more and more speed:(). That species is pretty similar.
BTW, when you take photos of fungi and want ID it's helpful to know the substrate from which they grow. Gymnopilus is growing on wood but that wood could be under the ground...
Thanks for your effort.
I forgot to mention that it was growing on the root of a dead oak. The grass was just so high that you can't see it on the photo.
So I suppose that you are right. (y)

Upvote 0

DanP

CR Pro
Dec 8, 2014
The first one looks like Pholiota squarrosoides to me (are you in North America?), second is something around Mycena, the third is Hypholoma sp. but on the very right side of the photo I see small mushroom that could be Leucopholiota decorosa. The last two are Amanitas (the very last is A. muscaria)
Near Vancouver, BC Canada

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017

Spaceship Lands on Playhouse​

View attachment 200906

AGARICACEAE family?

Are there survivors in the Playhouse:oops:?!

And yes- it's Agaricaceae, particularly genus Macrolepiota (judging by the double ring on the first photo). For ID on species level it moves so fast - I can't get the necessary info ;)!

Upvote 0