Mushrooms And Fungi Of Any Kind

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Taken@ 58mm, 1/50, f/8, ISO1250

View attachment 200247
It seems a fungi-loving person was there before of you!!! Armilaria sp.- I don't like them - they are parasites on many different trees and actually don't taste really good. On other hand if you desperately want a wild mushroom - in the right season you can collect tons of them and some of the species are slightly better (still not enough!).

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Some more common fly agarics again.
I like the first pic for sowing that the typical white spots, the warts are remnants of a membrane that encloses the entire mushroom when it is still very young.
Depending on rain, etc. those warts can also be washed away.

View attachment 200361

View attachment 200362
These are really nice, especially the first one.

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
And few something older photos all taken with the 200-500mm. All for fun and much better light than the photos taken with the 105mm macro...
Volvariella volvacea, Macrocybe spectabilis (these clusters can get very big, same for the single caps!), Chlorophyllum molibdites, Suilus salmonicolor, Tremella fuciformis and Gymnopilus subtropicus.
Some photos are loaded at very low quality - these are big files, taken without probability to go to CR. But now we have this topic:)!

DSC_0242_DxO_DxO_DxO.jpgDSC_0283_DxO_DxO.jpgDSC_2706_DxO-2_DxO.jpgDSC_3450_DxO_DxO.jpgDSC_4435_DxO_DxO.jpgGymnopilus subtropicus 1_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Nice picture, ISv.
Thanks Click! I'm not sure it's really nice but it was emotional: my daughter found one cut with knife on the trail and literally run against me "look at this - it seems to be "hrib" (the Czech name for Boletus, she remembers these from our ~8 years in the Czech Republic):)! When I told here that it's real rarity on Oahu you should see here face! Later I found these nearby growing on a cut trunk of Australian Iron wood...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

becceric

Making clumsy photographic mistakes since 1980
CR Pro
Oct 30, 2016
Is there such a thing as a quick focus stack? While I was mowing our terminally wet lawn, I came across this mushroom.
I grabbed the camera and propped the lens up with a plastic cap surrounded by a gardener's glove. I shot 7 frames, refocusing front to back on the subject.
Affinity Photo handled the stacking, Pixelmator Pro and Apple Photos handled the down and dirty oof halo removal. I know highlights are a little blown out, but I 'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.
Also, if I had added many more images to the stack, woud the halos have been reduced? Thanks.Side Yard Mushroom II Small.jpg

Attachments

• Side Yard Mushroom II Small.jpg
    Side Yard Mushroom II Small.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0