Mushrooms And Fungi Of Any Kind

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
The photographing of mushrooms and fungi takes you into a different world, one you and fellow CR members have convinced me to explore.
Be careful, It's a trap...you'll end up stuck in a tiny little world!

These folks around here got me too! :ROFLMAO: In all honestly, birds have mostly cleared out around here other than crows and gulls, so it's not a problem that since these guys started with the mushroom photos, I walk around always looking down instead of up. Enjoy the discovery...I certainly am!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
The photographing of mushrooms and fungi takes you into a different world, one you and fellow CR members have convinced me to explore.
These folks around here got me too! :ROFLMAO: ...

You're welcome. And all others, too.
When I started this thread I didn't expect more than 60 replies in such a short time.
Thank you all.
:)

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Eric, I really like that bottom-up perspective. Quite often I am to lazy to try that out :whistle:
What gear did you use and how was the aperture? Thanks in advance.
100-400ii with Hoya closeup lens +4 at f11. I balanced with rocks, acorns and twigs until I got it right. I'd like to learn about focus bracketing, but I think it might not work in this case with overlapping of the grass and all the different mushrooms.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I purchased this just for mushrooms , I ran across it on Amazon prime day and it was a pretty good deal. It is quirky but it works better than my RRS. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1486816-REG/geekoto_x25_defender_75_4_section.html/specs
Thanks, jprusa, for that recommendation.
I already have a light travel tripod, that I can put really low as well as a gorillapod.
The laziness is more about try and recompose and try again as you cannot look through the VF with the camera so low and just a fixed display doesn't help, too.

;)

Upvote 0