R7 Focus and High Noise

Hello! I hope that you can help me. I just got an R7 after shooting with a 7dmii with which I took tack sharp pictures. This is my first mirrorless, and I have worked with many different settings in the AF and Camera Menus. I have also reset the camera twice. Here are my issues:
1. All my pictures are in poor focus.
2. All my pictures are very noisy.

I have the following lenses, and the issue is with all of them.
1. Mount Adapter EF-EOS R Canon
2. Canon 24-105 f4
3. Canon 70-200 f2.8
4. Sigma 100-400 f5

I have taken hundreds of shots of ducks and flowers so that I would have stationary subjects and some subjects with slow movement.

I shoot in CRAW. Evaluative Meter. sRGB. HDrive. Electronic and Elec 1st-curtain. This happens with Servo and One Shot. AF
Area- I have tried all. I have turned off tracking and eye detection. When in Servo, I sue 2,4 or Auto.

I have read everything that I could find. Watched a milion YouTube videos, and I am unhappily stumped. I am willing to try anything, so if you have the expertise to help me troubleshoot this, I would be so grateful.

If you’re using EFCS or MS and a shutter between 1/60s and 1/160s there’s a good chance you’re seeing the IS resonate from shutter shock. You can check if image quality improves if you go slower than 1/60s or when using ES.
I just went out and shot two photos, one at 1/50 and one at 1/200 with ES. Same exact as picture posted.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Export to full size, open with whatever program you use, and use that program to draw a box around what you want to crop to. The one you just posted looks pretty sharp. But, it would be better if you have a flat surface facing the camera with some small sized print on it. At the angle you have, some of the image is going to be out of focus as it is further away from the camera (or closer).

Upvote 0
Export to full size, open with whatever program you use, and use that program to draw a box around what you want to crop to. The one you just posted looks pretty sharp. But, it would be better if you have a flat surface facing the camera with some small sized print on it. At the angle you have, some of the image is going to be out of focus as it is further away from the camera (or closer).
smallwritingfocus-1.jpg

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I can see from the EXIF data the sheet of paper is only 1.09m from the camera at f/7.1 and f = 105mm. The depth of field under these conditions is only 2cm in front and 2 cm behind. You are clearly holding the camera at an angle to it as the top is in focus and the bottom is closer to the camera.

Upvote 0