Very nice shots, DanP.
a025.gif

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Here are a few of many taken recently. The Amanita Muscaria (last picture) is the only one I have any confidence in identifying. I won't be eating any of them!
Really nice series, Dan.
I especially like the first one for the detail on the cap.
And because of the insects on it. I could count at least five flies ;)

Upvote 0

DanP

CR Pro
Dec 8, 2014
Really nice series, Dan.
I especially like the first one for the detail on the cap.
And because of the insects on it. I could count at least five flies ;)
Thanks Maximilian.
I see there are a few bugs on the stems in the second picture, but I don’t know what they are. Some mushrooms seem to attract insects while others don’t.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I know next to nothing about mushrooms or fungi. My wife came across these today, and I gather they are Shaggy Inkcaps or Shaggy Manes in various states. I had the 1000mm on the R5 so I could get a low angle by standing back. I focus stacked them but at the distance I was away it made very little difference.

Shaggy_inkcap_small.jpgShaggy_Inkcap1_small.jpgShaggy_inkcap2_small.jpgShaggy_Inkcap3_small.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
I know next to nothing about mushrooms or fungi. My wife came across these today, and I gather they are Shaggy Inkcaps or Shaggy Manes in various states. I had the 1000mm on the R5 so I could get a low angle by standing back. I focus stacked them but at the distance I was away it made very little difference.
Excellent shots Alan! - when you say 'the 1000mm', do you mean your 100-500 with 2xTC??

Upvote 0