Mushrooms And Fungi Of Any Kind

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Some really eroded fly agarics.
Quite difficult dark light conditions. Fill flash delivered orange light as it was reflected by the autumn leaves.
WB was therefore quite tricky.
The last one could be seen as an inspiration for next Halloween ;)
Very colourful (and the WB result looks good!). I suspect they've been munched by birds. In Sydney, the culprits tend to be various types of native marsupial.

Upvote 0
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Since we got the first serious cold front here and it's rainy... These are again old photos (some of them taken with D7000 - my first digital camera:)!). And as I already mentioned - all of them are just for documenting so excuse me for the awkward cropping (in order to decrease the size of the photos). The original framing is different.
After the rains (forecast is for a few days of good rain) I may have the opportunity to take some new photos.

DSC_1570_DxO.jpgDSC_2469_DxO.jpgDSC_0188_DxO.jpgISS 327 stacked_DxO.jpgDSC_0182_DxO.jpgISS 328 stacked_DxO.jpgDSC_1587_DxO.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Very nice series, ISv.
a025.gif

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Very nice series, ISv.
a025.gif
Thanks Click! I forgot to put a names (at least for the species where I have a clue): First one is Hohenbuehelia sp. (I ID this one as a H. grisea back in the time but with the introduction of the molecular methods many things changed and since I don't follow the recent (huh - bunch of years!) literature I will stuck to Hohenbuehelia sp.). Second photo is Marasmius thwaitesii (with much more confidence), after that is Volvariella bombycina. This variety of the species was described from Hawaii (ssp. ciliatomarginata) and differs from the nominate form that I have seen in Europe. Below are two more stages of the development of the fruitbody. Here I'm pretty confident. I must have also a fully developed mushroom somewhere in my folders (I have seen it in just 2 habitats, all photos posted so far are from the first one - it means the same trunk:)).
For the fourth photo I confidently will say "no clue":rolleyes:. The fifth one is Auricularia cornea. For the next one - Leucoagaricus sp. I guess but this group is very difficult and I wouldn't put my head behind mu guess :(! For the last one - again "no clue".

DSC_0179_DxO.jpgDSC_0187_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Big surprise today! I have been so many times in that beach park (especially in the last 2 years), with that particular bench to seat and rest after the walk but have never seen this mushroom growing.
It's my fourth locality to see it on Oahu (20 years and I have seen it only on Oahu)! My palm spread is ~24-25cm. When I "measured" the biggest fruitbody of the first group by my palm there were 4-5cm left out of my palm! I didn't "measure" the size of the biggest mushroom in the second group (same Ficus tree trunk, other side, presumably fruitbodies of the same organism) and it looks even bigger?

Pleurotus abalonus (species of the Oyster Mushrooms, this one you have no chance to get in the stores at least here or anywhere as I know!). Very similar to Pleurotus cystidiosus from North America and few more species from Europe, Africa and Australia/New Zealand. Very weathered already: I'm really sorry for not finding them week ago - I have never tried the taste of this one and my assumption is for ~3 pounds (if not more!) when they where fresh!!!
First 3 photos are from group#1. The last one is single photo of group #2...

DSC_6266_DxO.jpgDSC_6277_DxO.jpgDSC_6293_DxO.jpgDSC_6272_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0