My new street photography project: People of a Kind

dppaskewitz

CR Pro
Jul 19, 2011
Paolo,

I really like your photos. Although I live on the other coast, I have visited my son in New York City a few times over the last year+ and have come to appreciate the opportunities for street photography there (he lives in the far north Washington Heights area - very near Fort Tryon Park, but I roam the city while he is at work). Your project has given me inspiration for my next visit.

Upvote 0
Paolo said:
Thanks for the feedback, Cid. Which browser are you using? In general, apart some glitches when I launched the site, I did not receive complains about the speed. Looking forward to hearing from others! ;)

(way) too much js; 1+ sec load times for some

there's also a lot of other calls going on in the back-end that could be avoided; what kind of service do you have installed?

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2011
dstppy said:
Paolo said:
Thanks for the feedback, Cid. Which browser are you using? In general, apart some glitches when I launched the site, I did not receive complains about the speed. Looking forward to hearing from others! ;)

there's also a lot of other calls going on in the back-end that could be avoided; what kind of service do you have installed?

Just a theme (probably a bit heavy) and a few of plugins for lightbox, social buttons, supercache... I spent some time optimizing it and running tests with webpagetest and I now get mostly As and Bs. First byte time is still not good.

Upvote 0

cid

"light is defining shape"
Nov 27, 2012
500px.com
Paolo said:

chrome 17.0.963.79

dstppy said:

it's not only about loading times, but in chrome I can't even scroll fluently trough gallery (IE is bit better with that)

Upvote 0
cid said:
Paolo said:

chrome 17.0.963.79

dstppy said:

it's not only about loading times, but in chrome I can't even scroll fluently trough gallery (IE is bit better with that)

Strange...I just tested it on chrome (both mac and pc) and it works fine. I will check again.
thanks again for the feedback.

Upvote 0

cid

"light is defining shape"
Nov 27, 2012
500px.com
Paolo said:
Strange...I just tested it on chrome (both mac and pc) and it works fine. I will check again.
thanks again for the feedback.
you are welcome, I was just pointing that out because pictures are all very nice and this little issue is hurting the impression a bit

btw: right now I'm home @chrome 31.0.1650.57 @mac and the lagging is not issue anymore...

Upvote 0