New Canon EOS R3 orders may take up to 6 months to fulfill

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Same here, in Canada. But there was no gift this time (512G CF card, CF reader and a spare battery were offered for purchasing a 1Dx3).
I ordered 6am exactly when the preorders started and got it the 26th. I anticipated massive shortages. I am about to use my new child tonight.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Don't compare the American market and the European market. The dealers in France have received mostly only one R3 and they will not be delivered again until the beginning of next year.
France is not a small market for Canon but that's the way it is. I suppose for all European countries the situation is the same.
It is not only for the R3 but also most of the RF lenses.
What is becoming unacceptable is that every time a new pro camera comes out, it's always the same supply problems. When Canon announced the release date of the R3, I can't believe, they didn't know they couldn't respect the deadline. It is always the same musica...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Going on a bit of tangent, it seems like for some parts the shortage is being blown out of proportions. GPU shipments have increased by 25% YoY and still there is a shortage thanks to scalpers and miners. I am expecting R3 (and Z9 to lesser degree) will be scalped heavily.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Ordered my September 14th at 10am ET from B&H, no shipment notice yet.
On another thread, someone posted that the ordered from B&H at 8:45 ET and theirs shipped the day before Thanksgiving. At this point, unfortunately I suspect you will have to wait for the next allotment, which may be a while.

Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
They'll be plenty of R3 returns when the unsponsored YouTubers return theirs just before the return window closes. We will then have a second round of R3 videos entitled 'Why I returned my R3' that will also be complete nonsense.
Why, do you anticipate that the R3 will not be good enough to keep?

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Why, do you anticipate that the R3 will not be good enough to keep?
I don’t, I think half the people making YouTube videos simply preorder whatever product is hot, R3, A1, M1 MacBook Pro etc etc, they make an unboxing video, then they make a ‘living with it for two weeks’ video, then they make a ‘why I sent it back’ video. Meanwhile owning it costs nothing because they can send it back for free, they can then move on to ‘purchasing’ the next hot product.

The main ‘excuse’ will be I need the 45mp of the R5 and ”I’ll just wait for an R1”.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Don't compare the American market and the European market. The dealers in France have received mostly only one R3 and they will not be delivered again until the beginning of next year.
France is not a small market for Canon but that's the way it is. I suppose for all European countries the situation is the same.
That's what I hear in Denmark as well: only one R3 camera per shop.

On the other hand, they received a mountain of Sony a7iv's:
85 pcs a7IV as a Christmas tree

Upvote 0
Sorry to say, but the problem is not to get "one R3" to play a little bit.

The thing of concern is, that you can not switch your equipment as planned. No 100-500, no 400/2.8, no 2nd, 3rd R3 is promptly available.
Working with fast EF telephoto lenses, EF Bodies and some RF available Lenses in operation together is nice, but not in a professionell way.
And at the End of 2022 when the next prof. R-Body will arrive, you have your early 2021-ordered then oldish equipment together. Maybe. :LOL:

Lets see how fast Nikon can deliver. The race is on.
After 30 years with Canon I´m now open minded.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
Sorry to say, but the problem is not to get "one R3" to play a little bit.

The thing of concern is, that you can not switch your equipment as planned. No 100-500, no 400/2.8, no 2nd, 3rd R3 is promptly available.
Working with fast EF telephoto lenses, EF Bodies and some RF available Lenses in operation together is nice, but not in a professionell way.
And at the End of 2022 when the next prof. R-Body will arrive, you have your early 2021-ordered then oldish equipment together. Maybe. :LOL:

Lets see how fast Nikon can deliver. The race is on.
After 30 years with Canon I´m now open minded.
I don't know where you are based, but if you are in the US both the RF 100-500 mm and RF 400 mm f2.8 lens are in stock at amazon.com at of Sunday Dec 5th at 7 a.m.

Upvote 0
I don't know where you are based, but if you are in the US both the RF 100-500 mm and RF 400 mm f2.8 lens are in stock at amazon.com at of Sunday Dec 5th at 7 a.m.
As I said before USA first and the rest of Europe when Canon has time to ship.
Very simple to say that there is stock in the US but as most sellers in the US refuse to ship to Europe, there is no other solution in Europe than to wait.
Canon needs to change its policy by announcing a delivery date for the US and Asia and a delivery date for Europe.

Upvote 0