Nice Price! Refurbished Canon EOS R3 Body $3499 (Reg $4799 retail)

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
The R5 Mark II will have the Eye Control AF II, same performance level like what you get in Apple's Vision Pro and far better than what's in the R3. That's only one of many advanced AF features in the R5 II that didn't exist when the R3 was released back in 2021.
If only reality confirmed your statement, this is also what I'm hoping for.
Yet, it's a been long time since I last read about Eye Control AF in the R5 II. This THE feature I desperately want!
Your words into Goddess Kwanon's holy ears...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

KT

Feb 2, 2012
What they said is that they want it in future models lower than the R3.
They never committed to it being in the R5 II even though it fits that description.
I seriously doubt Eye Control AF will ever make it all the way down to the future R6 and R7, though won't be complaining if it came to that.

So where does that leave us if not R5 II. I also think they need to future-proof the R5 II against an upcoming A7R VI and Z8 II and the stacked 45MP sensor might not suffice to achieve that. They need some killer AF features and crazy video settings that will wow people till 2026 at least.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I seriously doubt Eye Control AF will ever make it all the way down to the future R6 and R7, though won't be complaining if it came to that.
I'm not sure it'll be in the R5II, either.

So where does that leave us if not R5 II. I also think they need to future-proof the R5 II against an upcoming A7R VI and Z8 II and the stacked 45MP sensor might not suffice to achieve that. They need some killer AF features and crazy video settings that will wow people till 2026 at least.
Still not sure why people insist on claiming that Canon must directly compete against Sony and Nikon at this level. There are a large number of 5DIII, 5DIV, 6DII and R6 owners who likely represent the major target market for the R5II.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I'm not sure it'll be in the R5II, either.

Still not sure why people insist on claiming that Canon must directly compete against Sony and Nikon at this level. There are a large number of 5DIII, 5DIV, 6DII and R6 owners who likely represent the major target market for the R5II.
Or EOS R owners like me :) Still holding off on getting the R6mkii or R5 because I want know what the R5mkii has to offer and what it cost.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2023
No matter how many times you and others make this obvious comment, people will never get it. Canon MUST be better!!!! Or they are doo...well. you know.
The fact that photographers at this level of camera probably have $5000 or more invested in lenses and other accessories, and aren't going to change systems for another brand is just too hard to grasp for some. Especially considering all brands can do essentially the same thing, if you aren't a spec obsessed gear-head.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
No matter how many times you and others make this obvious comment, people will never get it. Canon MUST be better!!!! Or they are doo...well. you know.
The fact that photographers at this level of camera probably have $5000 or more invested in lenses and other accessories, and aren't going to change systems for another brand is just too hard to grasp for some. Especially considering all brands can do essentially the same thing, if you aren't a spec obsessed gear-head.
For the >12 years I’ve been on this forum, people here have claimed that Canon was ‘behind’, had to ‘catch up’ or else. First to Nikon, then to Sony, now to both of them. Yet Canon never seems to lose market share. Those same people just never seem to grasp that Canon understands the camera market better then them.

Upvote 0