Nvidia RTX 30XX series

Hi all,

From all of the initial research I have done on this freshly announced series of GPUs from Nvidia, it looks like there is no hardware decoding for h.265 4:2:2 10-bit video.

Has anyone else been able to find out if this video codec is supported? On the Nvidia website they are focused on the AV1 codec only.

Really not sure what to do now in terms of upgrading my PC to handle R5 video files.

Cheers,
Chris

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I would wait for the cards to actually get some testing before reading in too much. Just because they don't advertise an upgrade on launch day, doesn't mean it's not there. In any case, I would try and wait for the launch of all the other things expected to arrive before the end of 2020 if you upgrade for such a specific requirement.

AMD Zen 3 CPUs and RDNA2 GPUs are coming, and I believe even Intels Xe GPUs are still rumored to be out soon?

If none of these options will support these will support the specific subsampling that is is issue, that would be unfortunate for Canon. But at this point, I don't think there's any hard evidence in support or against this assumption.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0