Patent: Lots of optical formula lens patents for the RF mount

Right?

I was stoked when I discovered the F4.0 UWA patent embodiments.

Check out some of the EF primes though we discovered on our site. There's some eye watering amazing primes we found today too. I assume CR is going to re-post those as well.
Those ultra wide, large aperture lenses should work better in a short flange RF version. Why EF?

Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
I hope they make some small lenses
I agree and I am sure it'll come. The RP fits perfectly to the original ML promise of a light and compact gear, so it deserves small RF lenses. This is the FF market gap that Sony opened up by supersizing their A7 line with every new generation. Now, Canon can move in. I wouldn't wonder if Sony dared to even implement a collapsable drone system into their next generation XXXXL A7's to serve their fanboyz :poop:

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
It looks like they're spit-balling some design options for wide angles at various price points. That 14-40 f/4L sounds right up my alley...but I am already planning on the 15-35 f/2.8 if we get some more serious bodies. I personally can't justify another RF purchase until I have at least a second body in my bag that can use it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
why so many designs / patents ? Patent everything and release"1%" Is this how canon is going to beat competition ? feels like patent trolls.
You always protect your knowledge and developments with patents.
And you only release those that have a chance of profit in the market.
That's the way business goes - and no trolls.

Upvote 0
It think the RF mount is finally going to get some smaller and lighter lenses. While all the uber fast primes and f2.8 zoomsters are a top end pre-requisite....there's a big market for general use / travel zooms that are f4/5.6...wide focal range...light and neat. I covered a lot of family vacations with a 28-135 IS. Something like this on an RF mount makes a lot of sense.

Upvote 0