Photographer Spotlight. Mr. Eduardo Acierno

Mt Spokane Photography

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 25, 2011
Yet once again proving that the photographer is 90% of the equation.

I once has some clueless person argue with me and even call me a liar when I posted a image from my old old 3.3 MB Nikon Coolpix 990. He claimed to be a expert, but mostly proved himself a fool.

We all love fine tools, and there are greatly extended capabilities for difficult images, but at 8 X 10 or smaller print sizes, a old camera can do a wonderful job. Its too bad that Nikon stopped actually making P&S cameras.

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Mt Spokane Photography said:

I once has some clueless person argue with me and even call me a liar when I posted a image from my old old 3.3 MB Nikon Coolpix 990. He claimed to be a expert, but mostly proved himself a fool.

We all love fine tools, and there are greatly extended capabilities for difficult images, but at 8 X 10 or smaller print sizes, a old camera can do a wonderful job. Its too bad that Nikon stopped actually making P&S cameras.

Good Sunday Afternoon, Sir, My dear Teacher Mr. Mt Spokane.
Nice to talk with you again
Surapon

Upvote 0

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England

That's only half of the story.

You need to use the right tools for the job, but - let's fact it - these static, staged, controlled (and to my eyes, stultifyingly dull, banal and clichéd) images would hardly present a technical challenge to a cheap mobile phone's imaging capabilities.

But the same photographer, with the same gear, would probably be dead in the water trying to shoot fast sport, birds in flight, aircraft, etc.

So "90% the photographer" ain't going to work there. The gear and the talent count equally once you're shooting anything more challenging than this stuff, and it doesn't matter how good a photographer is if the kit simply can't deliver.

You can "take great photos with modest equipment" if what you're trying to achieve is as modest in scope and ambition as the equipment...

Upvote 0
Keith_Reeder said:
r the job, but - let's fact it - these static, staged, controlled (and to my eyes, stultifyingly dull, banal and clichéd) images would hardly present a technical challenge to a cheap mobile phone's imaging capabilities.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I agree. These are super cliched, over processed... Really remarkably bad photos.

Upvote 0