Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

balaji said:
Shot from Jungfraujoch, Switzerland: Snow Hikers crossing the Great Aletsch Glacier (Aletschgletscher).
balaji, that's an interesting photo - I like the use of negative space with just enough detail in the snow to see what they are crossing. The colors of their clothes and gear give the image a subtle pop as well. The only thing you might consider is a crop leaving a bit more image on the left of the frame and a bit less on the right. It's a technique that gives the subject(s) a bit more direction and a destination as they cross the frame. I like the photo, and it's well done, especially considering the distance.

Upvote 0
sanj said:
Balaji: Very nice photo. And I do not agree with Mackguyver on the crop bit. What he says is generally the rule but I am not sure if it works for this picture.
I can see that too, sanj, and I really think a photo like this needs to be printed large - at least 11x14 to really appreciate it. If it were my photo, I think I'd try both croppings to see which one I liked best, because at the end of the day, it's purely subjective and up to Balaji as to what he prefers.

Upvote 0
mackguyver said:
sanj said:
Balaji: Very nice photo. And I do not agree with Mackguyver on the crop bit. What he says is generally the rule but I am not sure if it works for this picture.
I can see that too, sanj, and I really think a photo like this needs to be printed large - at least 11x14 to really appreciate it. If it were my photo, I think I'd try both croppings to see which one I liked best, because at the end of the day, it's purely subjective and up to Balaji as to what he prefers.

Thanks Sanj and Mackguyver. I will try both options.

Upvote 0
My first post to the forum! Glad to be finally making the leap from spectator to participant.

4.jpg

Feeling some serious winter withdrawal, with no end in sight since recently moving to the UK from northern Ontario :'(

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Coldhands it's rain for you now instead of snow I guess. Nice shot. Reminds me of last winter after trudging around in the snow commenting to myself that there was nothing to shot. Guess there always is if one is truly watchful and selective, but acreas of snowy fields are challenging. ;)

Last Feb was one of those days!

Jack

Attachments

• Winter iin Albeta_12990.JPG
    Winter iin Albeta_12990.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 185
Upvote 0