Portrait of your "Best friend"

davejdoe said:
This is Paisley, My wire haired Daschund...
11844594615_90a0781c49_b.jpg

Nice photo dave!

Upvote 0
mroffbeat said:
Hi Guys, 2 of my best buddies shot with my soon to be replaced Canon 60D.
On the beach with the internal flash(!) and in my house with a remote speedlite.
Both with 24-70L lens.

Shooting these's guys require's allot of patience and a big bag'o'cookies.
Welcome to CR and those are both really nice photos, particularly the top one and it's a particularly impressive result with the pop-up flash!

Upvote 0
Dylan777 said:
mackguyver said:
Menace said:
She is gorgeous!
Thanks, Menace, and it's shots like these that have me thinking that I should just cancel the Sigma 50 f/1.4 pre-order. I'm perfectly happy with the 50L.

I know the feeling ;)
You can always put a red rubber band on the Sigma ;D
True, and I've only owned one Sigma (the 12-24 II) and while I didn't find anything wrong with it, I rarely used the AF and certainly didn't use it for bokeh. The bummer with it was when I went to sell it and received a fraction of what I paid. I fear this will happen with the 50mm, and I love my 50L and I'm not sure the Sigma will be that much better for portraiture. For everything else, the 24-70 II is more than fine at 50mm. Decisions, decisions...

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
mackguyver said:
Dylan777 said:
mackguyver said:
Menace said:
She is gorgeous!
Thanks, Menace, and it's shots like these that have me thinking that I should just cancel the Sigma 50 f/1.4 pre-order. I'm perfectly happy with the 50L.

I know the feeling ;)
True, and I've only owned one Sigma (the 12-24 II) and while I didn't find anything wrong with it, I rarely used the AF and certainly didn't use it for bokeh. The bummer with it was when I went to sell it and received a fraction of what I paid. I fear this will happen with the 50mm, and I love my 50L and I'm not sure the Sigma will be that much better for portraiture. For everything else, the 24-70 II is more than fine at 50mm. Decisions, decisions...

I'm gonna try to be cool 8) and NOT have this new Sigma on pre-order. Wish me luck ;D

Upvote 0
Dylan777 said:
mackguyver said:
Dylan777 said:
mackguyver said:
Menace said:
She is gorgeous!

I know the feeling ;)

I'm gonna try to be cool 8) and NOT have this new Sigma on pre-order. Wish me luck ;D
I found this comparison (50L to 50A comparison from SLR Lounge) and that sealed the deal. I cancelled my pre-order. With the 50L in my kit already, I can think of a lot of other things to spend $950 on that wouldn't duplicate something I already have. And I'm assuming you skipped the 600 II? For now at least... 8)

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
mackguyver said:
Dylan777 said:
mackguyver said:
Dylan777 said:
mackguyver said:
Menace said:
She is gorgeous!

I know the feeling ;)

I found this comparison (50L to 50A comparison from SLR Lounge) and that sealed the deal. I cancelled my pre-order. With the 50L in my kit already, I can think of a lot of other things to spend $950 on that wouldn't duplicate something I already have. And I'm assuming you skipped the 600 II? For now at least... 8)

I saw this review in your other post. I might sell my 50L, not because of Sigma. I used A7r + Zeiss FE 55mm f1.8 quite often now. The A7r has "eye AF", which I found is very accurate. Even shooting at wide open aperture. The Zeiss FE 55mm is sharp, however, the bokeh can't match with Canon 50L. See photo below: A7r + FE 55mm with "eye AF" feacture.

I always want to build a home studio kit, just for the holiday photos. Since I have almost $400 BH rewards, I might as well getting some lighting stuff:
1. Speedlite 600EX-RT(x3)
2. ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter
3. Stands and softbox etc...

Attachments

• DSC00532.jpg
    DSC00532.jpg
    752.2 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0