Post Your Best Landscapes

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
Happy new year to all!
A couple of shots taken whilst trying out my new 16-35 f/4L, the first time I’ve been really happy with a landscape I have shot!
Yes breaking the rules by shooting in to the sun! ;)

4X3Z2249_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

4X3Z2273_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

And a shot with some landscape that you might not expect to be taken with a 16-35mm lens!
Yes it’s posted elsewhere but not everyone visits all the threads!
4X3Z2257_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

Cheers, Graham.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Hi Folks.
Happy new year to all!
A couple of shots taken whilst trying out my new 16-35 f/4L, the first time I’ve been really happy with a landscape I have shot!
Yes breaking the rules by shooting in to the sun! ;)
{...}
{...}

And a shot with some landscape that you might not expect to be taken with a 16-35mm lens!
Yes it’s posted elsewhere but not everyone visits all the threads!
{...}

Cheers, Graham.
Hi Graham,
I've seen lots of pro-pictures shot into the sun, so you must be a pro instead of breaking rules ;):ROFLMAO:
However, without an eye-catcher in the foreground such as your Liah in the third picture you might consider cropping the first two into 'letterbox' panorama format; loosing some of the grass foreground and leading the eye of the viewers more to the wide expanse of the valley in your picture. With that your first picture would be even more interesting in my view :geek:(y) (as always, just my opinion...)
W.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Nat.
I like your advice, you give reasoned explanations, therefore it is constructive criticism. (y) Next time I fire up the pc I might give that a try. Thanks for taking the time to view and respond with thoughtful advice, and for being forward enough to post it.
I know some people are put off giving advice for fear of causing offence.

Cheers, Graham.

Hi Graham,
I've seen lots of pro-pictures shot into the sun, so you must be a pro instead of breaking rules ;):ROFLMAO:
However, without an eye-catcher in the foreground such as your Liah in the third picture you might consider cropping the first two into 'letterbox' panorama format; loosing some of the grass foreground and leading the eye of the viewers more to the wide expanse of the valley in your picture. With that your first picture would be even more interesting in my view :geek:(y) (as always, just my opinion...)
W.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0